• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Combined Dual Vaccination....one type? Bunny weight an issue?

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all.

Ive booked the buns in for their first dual vaccination next wednesday....

questions:

Does the weight of the rabbit need to be above a certain amount?
My smallest bun weighs 2.05 Kgs

Do buns with snuffles survive the dual vac?
OR is it advised to stay with the single ones?

Buns that have died...reason due to illnesses already?

I was under the impression that buns who did have health issues might not be advised to have the vaccination...and would like to clarify this before i see the vet.
As for the weight issue...was not sure...

My buns have not had myxi before, have always had the single vaccinations...the girls from birth and Archie has only had 2 years vacs with me..... before that he was not vaccinated.

Just want to make sure they will be fine...and if there are reasons as to why you would not normally give the dual.

thanks guys..I now this topic has been covered quite abit...appreciate the patience.;):p

Your vet will give the best advice.

Weight shouldn't be a problem - my rabbits weigh between 1.9 and 2kg and they were fine. They always had the single before.

If a rabbit dies after it's been vaccinated, without a post-mortem (and even with one) it's very hard to tell if it was an unnoticed health problem that it already had.

I guess I can answer a couple...

All our 4 bunnies had the combined vaccination last year with no issues at all so far - but they were all healthy when they had them.

Not sure of the minimum weight by Holly was about 1.6kg when she had hers so under your bunny minimum weight so that should be okay.

HOney is a snuffle bun. the vet checked her over and because her chest was clear gave the dual vacc. she has been fine with it.:wave:

thankyou guys - I was abit worried about her being so small..but seems like it was ok for your buns.

I dont know this vet very well - Ive not had to deal with them much and have only been with them a short while...so kind of prefer getting my advice before I go in.

I did mention that there had been fatalities to the receptionist whilst booking the vacs and she said other buns who died probably died from something else and they just blamed the vaccination...:shock: I was abit put out by this comment...
She checked with the vet and they said they knew of no rabbit dieing on the new combined vacs....but would they say so if they did?? Im not so sure.:?

Just prefer to know a little about what Im talking about when i go in.
Pro's & cons of the combined vacs etc.

will make sure they do the lung check etc before the vac

my buns weigh 1kg and 1.29kg and both had combi last year no probs, although sox has kidney disease not sure if this should effect gettng him done,but not thought about it

Back