• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyones bun walk backwards on hind legs?

PippinWarren

Warren Scout
Just a bit worried Housebun Mr Fluffers' soon to be, new hunbun is in a cage beside him so they can interact prior to spay and bonding.

They both have equal time free ranging but seperately, until hunbun is spayed (on tuesday) and recovered. Interactions have been really positive so far.

I am a tad worried though, she insists on sitting up on her back legs, nose in air and walks backwards quite a distance until she falls over. Problem is when she does it in cage I'm scared to death she will bang her back on edge of poop tray. She actually fell over last night and got wedged between poop tray and wall of cage, goodness knows what would have happened if I had not been in the same room at the time. Ive now filled that gap with a soft rolled fleece.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or why she may be doing it? She walks, interacts, poops, binkys, rolls, stretches, hops and everything else normal, so I don't think it neurological.

Any suggestions?

I can't offer any advice as I have never come across this before. I suppose a vet visit could check her ears etc, any chance its EC??? All shots in the dark I know. Hopefully someone will come along who knows more soon.

I can't offer any advice as I have never come across this before. I suppose a vet visit could check her ears etc, any chance its EC??? All shots in the dark I know. Hopefully someone will come along who knows more soon.

Don't think EC can be involved because she has no acute symptoms and she has been wormed etc. :?

Parsley was running after me in the bedroom this afternoon he was stood up on his hind legs looking for a treat and went floating backwards into the wardrobe so I gave him a extra treat for his party trick lol

Back