• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water dispenser

looks OK, so long as the top won't come off with a headbutt :shock:

I'm thinking of getting a fountain as my casserole loves to drink running water, when i fill the bowl with the jug he always runs up and has a drink :roll:, but bunnies and electric leads are not a good mix :roll:

I've used ones like it, and they are really good. I only stopped using them cos my Thor's party trick is to flip water bowls to get attention :roll: he now has a large ceramic dog bowl, and still spent a few days trying to tip it over!!! :lol:

Ohh a tip is to turn it the right way up over the sink, you always spill a bit!

looks OK, so long as the top won't come off with a headbutt :shock:

I'm thinking of getting a fountain as my casserole loves to drink running water, when i fill the bowl with the jug he always runs up and has a drink :roll:, but bunnies and electric leads are not a good mix :roll:
So true. My boyfriends lost a few phone chargers to the bunnies

I always use ones similar to that with my own and boarding bunnies. Even the group of seven didn't manage to do any damage or knock it over even though they were pretty rowdy.

This is the kind I use.

http://www.easyanimal.co.uk/petmate-le-bistro-water-dispenser.html

Because the water just comes through a small hole into the drinking bowl it is easy to tip it up, get rid of the much they sometimes get in it, and give them a fresh bowl of water every morning.

Im looking at getting the heated water bowls....cant not find the link right now....it was mentioned on here a while ago! I like the ones mentioned though:love:

We considered those a while back because Hannibal always ends up with an empty bowl a some point during the day and I thought it might keep him better stocked up, but then I realised that more water means more water for him to absorb.

The only reason he runs out currently is he seems to enjoy marinating his paws and ears in the water.

We don't know why, we tried giving him a water bottle instead but he won't use it. So now he has one as a backup in case and a big dog bowl that I usually refill 3 times a day.

Mine would tip it over no problem. I could only trust Poppy to use one probably. But they all have ceramic bowls :)

I have four of those, they're brilliant. There's no way the vast majority of non-giant bunnies would be able to tip them over, they're hugely heavy and sturdy especially when they're full. Bertram is 3.5kg and a very over exciteable lop and it has survived him :lol: I find them a really good way of making sure there's always water especially when I'm having long days at work, and the fact that it's so heavy when full means that they can't move/tip it, whereas when I used ceramic type bowls, they were constantly upside down :lol:

That looks brilliant :D If they're going outside, or you think your rabbit might try to knock it over I'm sure you could find a way to attach it to something to prevent that

It arrived today and Harley was a bit sure at first but seems to be a success. It's in a carpeted room so I've put a mat underneath it just now :)

The only thing I would say is be careful flipping it over when you have filled it (I fill the water tank bit, then put the bowl bit on and then flip over) and water does tend to spill :roll: but they are really good for in the summer when its hot and they are drinking loads of water...im not suing mine at the moment as I was worried about them freezing and its been easier to swap water bowls out rather than try and defrost one of those if it froze...

The only thing I would say is be careful flipping it over when you have filled it (I fill the water tank bit, then put the bowl bit on and then flip over) and water does tend to spill :roll: but they are really good for in the summer when its hot and they are drinking loads of water...im not suing mine at the moment as I was worried about them freezing and its been easier to swap water bowls out rather than try and defrost one of those if it froze...

Haha yeah I had a wee spill in the kitchen

I used to have one of those. The reason I used it for my bunnies was because Clover used to get her dewlap wet from drinking from a ceramic bowl, and got a fungal infection. This was lower down, so she didn't get herself wet.

Back