• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out of curiosity - I know it doesn't matter

Larilie

Young Bun
I've been wondering what the bunnies' 'official' colours are. I think Hobnob's an otter of some variety, whether he's orange or fawn or something else entirely (he has a black sort of line around him, from side to side not up and down, which makes him look like he has a very impressive tide mark but I digress. I love that word.)

But the bit that has me muddled is Oreo because she's completely black but her fur undercoat thingy is white. As in not grey or anything, unmistakeably white and I can't find that combination with a name. I know it doesn't matter it's just wormed it's way into my head and won't leave me alone. *headdesk* This started out as 'Hm, I wonder...' and has turned into some kind of mission. I was wondering if anyone has an idea. You can't see the white on her anywhere but if the wind parts her fur. Which makes ogling at the bunnies from the kitchen window an even better spectator sport. Bunnies are officially better than telly, especially when they're happy and have boing.

In case it helps here is a picture
Hobnobisreadyforhiscloseup.jpg

(Hobnob is exploring the camera, sorry.) (He honestly does have eyes as well). Thank you!

Last edited:
After studying the picture for some time (mainly because they're so cute) I've come to the conclusion that they're definitely bunnies. A black one and a brown one. :mrgreen:

That's brilliant! I thought for a moment they might have given me a couple of hedgehogs who'd broken into a pillow and rolled around and been dyed!

I've been looking for the springs they'd need to attach to get a hedgehog to boing. I thought maybe some kind of localised bouncy castle thing on each foot but I think the prickles probably have got in the way... :lol:

(Sorry! Sometimes things get stuck in my head and can't get out. :oops: I need to get some windows up there. Maybe a fire escape.)

Last edited:
To be honest I have no idea about breeds but there are some knowledgeable members and I'm sure they'll be able to give you a real answer if they're around tomorrow. :wave:

I'm no expert but the first thing i thought was orange and black.

Some people act like being curious of what color and breed your buns are is somehow bad. That's just weird I think :? There's nothing wrong with being curious about it. :)

Your Oreo looks just like my Elmo :) he also has a white undercoat, as does my black cat. Think maybe it's just a black thing??

Also, they are adorable :D

I thought Black and Orange too, but I'm no expert on these things.

My black bun has a white undercoat aswell.

I'm no expert but the first thing i thought was orange and black.

Some people act like being curious of what color and breed your buns are is somehow bad. That's just weird I think :? There's nothing wrong with being curious about it. :)

Yeah I think some people take the attitude of " if you don't know the breed then obviously you don't don't proper responsibility of your animals"

I know my Hannibal (avatar) is an agouti (sp) dwarf lop. God knows what Boris is.... The devils rabbit probably seeing as he is such a naughty frikkin rabbit.

Personally I don't care. I get enough judgemental comments from people than Han should be out down because that small image there, is what he looks like permenantly, poor head tilt bunny.

Back