• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 orphan babies ...UPDATE POST 66 ( some people may find pics upsetting)

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Today we took in 6 tiny babies ... they are 4 and 5 weeks old (two seperate litters) and are failing to thrive . They were taken away from mum at 2 weeks old . I cant comment on here about where they have come from or why ... but please send prayers and goodwishes for them ... they are the tiniest 4 week old babies ive ever seen ...they have a huge fight on their hands if they are to survive .

2 of them have very poorly eyes .. we are especialy worried about the one with the left sore eye .

They look very bedraggled ... they smell a bit...and one has a bald patch on its head .

All are taking feeds in varying amounts ...some are nibbling on crushed pellets and hay ...

in the pics they had just had milk .. as you can see they dribbled a fair bit ..but we got some in . They had also had their eyes bathed ..hence the wet faces ..

024-11_zpse616d384.jpg

025-10_zpsd4b9d5f2.jpg

022-10_zps35b8bc8f.jpg

015-24_zps795df564.jpg

018-17_zpsbf2102ab.jpg

this is the smallest baby . he/she is over 4 weeks old and only weighs 80g

019-19_zps2b115aca.jpg

:(

Last edited:
will say a litte prayer for them! Lets hope the fight!!! 80g is a newborn guinea pig size..so so tiny! :(

Oh my, the look like they need as many vibes as possible, poor babies.
((((((((((Vibes)))))))))))))))

My bunny is still producing milk if you think it would help them, you could have poppy with you, they may suckle?

Back