• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit bit me

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
I baught new wooden hide out today and he came out box I also just had vix on me and he lunged and reli bit me never done that before. I'm not sure if it was the vix or the box :( he has gne quite deep on me do U have to have a tetanus shot? He has had his jabs tho ?! I feel scared of him now :(

Awww no you poor thing :( Bella bit me this morning, didnt draw blood but still hurt, she gets a bit excited when its breakfast time. Not sure about shots etc but hope its not too sore :thumb:

I think you should get a tetanus shot :D it never hurts to be up to date. Hope it was a one off, my first rabbit bit my husband once but never did it again xx

He drew blood and it's throbbing I just feel so upset as he has never done it before. I dnt no if was vix or not I won't have that on me Agen :( and Ye he has been done about a yr ago he lives with missy Shakira in pics below

Aww don't be scared of him :( he was probably scared himself as he couldn't smell you due to the Vicks smell :( he must have thought you were an imposter! Just see how he reacts to you when you don't stink of Vicks anymore! Hope your hand is better soon x

Don't be scared of him, but maybe more cautious when you approach him. I have been bitten a fair number of times by various different buns. Most of the time it is only once though.
However, he is more likely to continue with the behaviour if you change your behaviour towards him. If he has never done it before then hopefully it is a one off, you caught him at a bad moment or he didn't recognise your smell.

My boy bit me on Monday after I gave him his antibiotic injection, I have dreaded doing it ever since.
Give you doctors a ring and check your tetanus is up to date, never hurts to have it anyway if it is out of date, though not sure you can catch it from a rabbit bite...

Also rabbit bites hurt, even if they don't break the skin! I have had some really bad bruises from teeth!!

I baught new wooden hide out today and he came out box I also just had vix on me and he lunged and reli bit me never done that before. I'm not sure if it was the vix or the box :( he has gne quite deep on me do U have to have a tetanus shot? He has had his jabs tho ?! I feel scared of him now :(

it happens, I get bitten on the bum every time I dare to try and clean Boris's bedroom area. He doesn't appreciate the cleaning and I think he sees it as territory invasion.Hes sneaky as well, I'll be down on the floor, thinking he's off in the living room and next thing you know.... Chomp.

Aside from that he rarely bites. Maybe it was a case of, I've not finished claiming this box as mine and you smell funny?

vix is really strong, so I think it must have been the smell if he's never shown aggression like this before.

My boy's bitten me quite a couple of times, but he never does it hard, it's almost like a warning bite ( coz everytime he bit me it's because I touched his chest area ).

Back