• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frustrated

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
I have been trying to use my local pet shops instead of the bully p@h, but am finding myself so annoyed and frustrated. Why do they need to sell bunnies/animals and also breed them???

I felt so sorry for the little bunnies just stuck in a pen inside a shop. Aside from not shopping in them anymore and just using online providers, what else can be done to stop shops selling them. I wanted to take all the bunnies and bring them home but that would only encourage them to get more... Argh...

I won't use our local pet shop either because they always have big signs saying baby rabbits new in. I went in just to look knowing they did not sell what I wanted and a room full of small indoor cages with beautiful baby bunnies in. I wanted to take them all home too!

I can understand your frustration, but not really sure what to advise... Do the bunnies look well cared for in terms of food and cleanliness of their accomodation, even if it is too small.

I can't go into pet shops, much as I would like to support the local economy I couldn't bear to see the wee bunnies.

They do seem clean and well, apart from the mountain of carrots and small hutches. I think I have always known they were there but today it got too much... Where online is best

They do seem clean and well, apart from the mountain of carrots and small hutches. I think I have always known they were there but today it got too much... Where online is best

I mainly use The Hay Experts, but depending on what you need Animed (free postage but more limited range of products for rabbits) and VetUK (free postage over £29, I think) are also worth looking at. :wave:

I either order online or use my local animal feeds place for sacks of megazorb and RR. My local pet shp doesnt sell any live animals at all but its hopless :( and so much more expensive than p@h/online/the animal feed place.

Feedem is a really good online pet supply shop. I get bales of hay from there as well as readigrass and bunny accommodation. If you have concerns about animals in pet shops you can contact your local council as the pet shop will have and must adhere to a license and conditions from there. Also the RSPCA might be able to call. I hope that helps xx

Back