• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shopping for Spenser

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Here we go again... which hays will I choose this time for him to scowl at and only eat if I hand feed particularly nice-looking strands... :roll:

Orchard grass is on the list, as he does seem to enjoy this. :DI would love him to eat Timothy hay, but he invariably refuses, so must try not to waste my money on it this time.

Spenser: I need a new chill-n-chew mat, Mummy, and don't forget it is my Gotcha Day next month. I expect LOTS of treats.

Susie...........................I think Spenser is expecting you to buy him a pressie or two for his gotcha day.:roll::roll:

As his humble servant, I expect hand feeding should be the norm. His Lordship should be kept in the state to which he is accustomed.

Here we go again... which hays will I choose this time for him to scowl at and only eat if I hand feed particularly nice-looking strands... :roll:

Orchard grass is on the list, as he does seem to enjoy this. :DI would love him to eat Timothy hay, but he invariably refuses, so must try not to waste my money on it this time.

Spenser: I need a new chill-n-chew mat, Mummy, and don't forget it is my Gotcha Day next month. I expect LOTS of treats.

I think my Rolo and Spenser would get on really well with their fussy hay eating antics!!

I've tried every hay known to man and all I get is looks of disgust as if to say "do you really expect me to eat that?"

At the moment, he is eating green oat hay but half the time, I have to pick bits out for him!

Spenser: Mummy is always complaining. :roll: I can't think of many better ways she could spend her time than buy kneeling by my tapestry cushion and hand feeding me my orchard grass. And why does she have to make such a fuss because I have gone off readigrass when she has a whole new bag of it in my store. :?

I'm too cheap to give it adlib :lol: I buy a farm bale for £7 and mix in just a tiny amount of the nice stuff a few times a week :)

I'm too cheap to give it adlib :lol: I buy a farm bale for £7 and mix in just a tiny amount of the nice stuff a few times a week :)

Spenser came from a farm ... but I'm not sure how his grandparents would take to me wanting to store a bale of hay, especially with a good chance Spenser wouldn't eat it.

If I lived closer to as rescue they would have fat pickings from Spenser's rejects.

mine is stored in the garage, but yeah if he didn't eat it I have no idea what you would do with it! They're huge :shock: He's such a fussy boy :lol:

If you like you can send Spenser on a boot camp down to visit me.

Meadow hay or no hay. (Ludo loves it)

Only treats are dandelion rolls (Ludo loves them). No fenugreek crunchies allowed, the vet has forbidden them.

Hay eaten off the blanket, none of this hand-feeding business (Ludo doesn't mind)

No mats or other treats. Hay, hay, herbs, veg and just under an eggcup of pellets a day.

Ludo says Spenser is more than welcome, let him know when he's coming and he'll make up another bed. He hopes Spenser likes Blockbusters as we watch it together most days.

If you like you can send Spenser on a boot camp down to visit me.

Meadow hay or no hay. (Ludo loves it)

Only treats are dandelion rolls (Ludo loves them). No fenugreek crunchies allowed, the vet has forbidden them.

Hay eaten off the blanket, none of this hand-feeding business (Ludo doesn't mind)

No mats or other treats. Hay, hay, herbs, veg and just under an eggcup of pellets a day.

Ludo says Spenser is more than welcome, let him know when he's coming and he'll make up another bed. He hopes Spenser likes Blockbusters as we watch it together most days.

That would certainly be a shock to his lordship's system ... he considers himself deprived at being cut down to only one fenugreek crunchie most days.

I'm not sure how Spenser would take to TV as I don't watch much. I think I have watched TV 4 times so far this year.

Meadow hay is what Spenser has in his basin, and he does usually have a nom of it while he is 'offloading'.

Spenser: Mummy is always complaining. :roll: I can't think of many better ways she could spend her time than buy kneeling by my tapestry cushion and hand feeding me my orchard grass. And why does she have to make such a fuss because I have gone off readigrass when she has a whole new bag of it in my store. :?

I have to agree with you Spencer. She should hand feed you and buy you whatever you fancy. ............after all you are Lord Spencer Fancy Pants.:lol:

Back