• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal ??

Haribo bunny

Warren Scout
I'm probably being really silly but, having seemingly and spookily easily bonded my boy with a new lady , no problems whatsoever, she won't let him mount butbjustbruns away, no biting or anything, both grooming...
.now I've put the cleaned hutch into the playpen area and they are both sitting happily in it, but apart from the times when he keeps trying to hump, seem to be sitting on different levels ! They have freedom to come and go as they please within the pen, ( house buns)
Does this mean they are comfortable or not bothered?? Personally if I was her I'd have given him a slap before now for getting on my nerves !!!
Thanks people. Wish I could reply to other people's posts but I don't know enough to be able to !!!:D

Has he been neuteured? If not that's why he is humping!

A few vibes for sick rabbits is always appreciated if you don't know how to advise or condolences if someone loses a rabbit.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi, yes he's been done, he's 5 and she's 4' both neutered, very placid, he's just trying to establish his dominance I think, but he can't be bothered to see it through so just occasionally has a go !!! ;)

I don't know anything about bonding as Doughnut is on her own. Well done for getting them to live together in harmony though:)

Wish I could reply to other people's posts but I don't know enough to be able to !!

Ohh why not? Of course you can, any input is great :thumb: you might learn something new too, I know I do :lol:

It might be the weather, my Lola is being a hump monster to Donny at the moment but luckily Donny couldn't care less :lol: He just carries on sleeping, eating hay or staring off into the distance!

Might also be a clean thing and it being claimed by the more dominant bun, who knows, as long as they aren't fighting :lol:

My pebbles & poppy have been nuetered for 3 years, but for some reason this spring has really set Pebbles off, and he keeps trying to hump Poppy :roll: She just runs away from him too. So sounds like you have a laid back girly. However, she may get fed up eventually and put him in his place!

When Pebbles does it, I just pull him away from Poppy and say no to him..doesn't stop him going back for more...and I'm having to try to explain to my 8 year old what they are doing :lol::lol::lol:

My pebbles & poppy have been nuetered for 3 years, but for some reason this spring has really set Pebbles off, and he keeps trying to hump Poppy :roll: She just runs away from him too. So sounds like you have a laid back girly. However, she may get fed up eventually and put him in his place!

When Pebbles does it, I just pull him away from Poppy and say no to him..doesn't stop him going back for more...and I'm having to try to explain to my 8 year old what they are doing :lol::lol::lol:

Hi, it's not the himping that's a problem as he only tries it on intermittently....it was more that now the hutch is in their new space she seems happy to sit up top and him down on the lower level....whereas when the hutch wasn't there they would snuggle up together....just wondered if asbtheybsettle into each other they'll be closer
I'm worrying too much !!!!! Need to stop looking at them and do something else !! :D

It's hard not to worry ... I do it all the time with our bunnies.

Sorry - can't really suggest anything but just wanted to say I empathise with your worrying. Sometimes it is difficult to read these bunnies and to know what is going through their little minds. Mind you - our Bobo and Harley often sit at opposite sides of their hutch - maybe it's just that they need time out from each other. But just guessing really. Hope that someone is more able to help you!:thumb:

Thanks fellie, you're probably right. I suppose as they settle into each other things will become clearer....mind you they are both drinking furiously at the moment..so funny, butting each other out of the way !!!:D

Back