• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Lady Lydia is Really Struggling :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
We have been fighting what feels like a losing battle with Lydia's chronic sore hocks. She will now not tolerate dressings and she just chews them off, eating a lot of them. Ingesting fabric will cause even more problems for her.

She is on lots of treatment, but nothing seems to be helping at the moment :cry: We seem to be running out of options :cry:

Rabbits1514.jpg

Rabbits1516.jpg

Rabbits1517.jpg

Rabbits1518.jpg

We both need Sir Victor so much :cry:

I feel sure that part of the reason Lydia is refusing to accept another Rabbit as a friend is due to her feeling vulnerable because of her sore hocks. She seems happy enough in her enclosure and she enjoys getting attention from me. But I just remember the incredibly close bond she had with Sir Victor and I feel so sad for her :cry: I would love her to have another friend, but it seems that she really is not interested :cry:

Rabbits1520.jpg

Poor Lady Lydia. :( If only she would leave her bandages alone. I hope you find a way to help her hocks, must be so worrying for you

Awww poor thing they look blimin sore, hope she gets better soon x

My boy rexes get them but the girls dont, why i dont no x

The poor girl, you have so many things you have done that work so well normally, it must be horrible not seeing an improvement.

I just hope this is a transient 'bad' phase and that things will improve again for her as they have done in the past xx

Poor lady Lydia, well she's in the best hands. Vibes for hock healing being sent xx

Back