• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polish Dwarf fake????!!!!

littleblacky

Mama Doe
Are they a real breed? I read a book that said there is a Polish Dwarf breed and I found out from that book that Little Blacky is one. Is the book lying or are they are VERY rare breed? Cause I googled something about Polish Dwarfs and all there was was Netherland Dwarfs info. Please reply ASAP! Thanks!:D

It's a real breed and I have had one for rehoming in the past. Tiny but more slight than a nethie - slim and delicate with fine limbs and are normally white (mine had black eye markings)

It's a real breed but from your signature Little Blacky looks more like a Netherland dwarf to me. I have only met one polish bunny but he had a very fine face and limbs, a lot less stocky than a nethie :love:

I love polish buns. I always think they should sprout wings and fly like a mythical creature. But I am just weird...

I just looked up, 'Polish rabbits' and there pops up a pic of a black one that looks EXACTLY like Blacky!:D Thanks SO much guys! So he IS a Polish rabbit just not Polish Dwarf(Cause there's is no such thing as a Polish Dwarf!:oops:). I wonder how I mixed THAT up?:roll:

It's a real breed but from your signature Little Blacky looks more like a Netherland dwarf to me. I have only met one polish bunny but he had a very fine face and limbs, a lot less stocky than a nethie :love:
Okay:D I'm TERRIBLE at bunny breeds so you are probably right:roll::thumb:

English Polish/Britannia Petites are very small and skinny, pointy faced
American Polish are kind of in the middle but to me they just look like netherland dwarfs with slightly more pointy faces

so just be careful when you google images which 'Polish' you're looking at

At the end of the day they are all gorgeous. I am sure you love your bun no matter what breed. :D

Your bun won't be polish, as you don't know the breed and therefore I assume you didn't get him as a specific breed from a breeder, he'll likely be a crossbreed or mongrel of some sort. Very few bunnies are pure breeds, they can look like a particular breed but there are likely others in their genetic make-up.

If anything, he'll be a nethie, not polish.

Your bun won't be polish, as you don't know the breed and therefore I assume you didn't get him as a specific breed from a breeder, he'll likely be a crossbreed or mongrel of some sort. Very few bunnies are pure breeds, they can look like a particular breed but there are likely others in their genetic make-up.

If anything, he'll be a nethie, not polish.

OP rescued Blacky as far as I'm aware.
not sure where he came from before then.
I think he looks a mixture with some polish in him somewhere.
eta: either way he's gorgeus :love:

I believe in the states their 'polish' are quite common in the pet trade, so chances are he does at least have some polish in him, he does look it to me but i've never handled the breed... polish in the uk are the same as your britannia petits, they're very small, very fast and very fun

Back