• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French hay

J&R

Mama Doe
My two can be a little fussy when it comes to hay but they've been quite happy with dustfreehay's so far. I went to order at the weekend and noticed because of the bad weather they were selling French meadow hay so I bought a bale. I've never seen them eat so much, they love it!

I can't imagine what the difference is between English and French meadow hay? Can they just tell its more expensive? ;)
It doesn't smell any different to the hay I've bought before

Ahhh I am so pleased, I have a bag coming tomorrow :) so fingers crossed my two like it too.

I buy stalky from Dust Free Hay and my bunnies love it! Perhaps, they should try some French hay to see if they like it too. :wave:

The French stalky isn't as nice (IMO) as the regular DFH stalky. My bunnies will eat it but it's very straw-like and individual pieces are almost 'flat' rather than nice and round. However, it's hard to get decent hay at the moment so I take what I can get!!

My latest batch of Timothy and Rye from Hay 4 Pets is lovely and long and stalky though, as is my Willow Warren hay :thumb:.

Back