• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would you do?

what would you do

• separate and bond bluebell with a rescue male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep togther and hope its just a bit of spring fever

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • other-please state in post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lucy24

Mama Doe
My trio of sisters have been having issues for a while now. Lilly and daisy get on fine-so does lilly and bluebell but daisy and bluebell keep having fights. i thought it would stop once spayed but its been 4-5 months and am still having the odd issue here and there. my question is this-what would you do? and why?

please not they are not fighting all the time but maybe once every few weeks. then all is calm again.:? i just want the best for them.

id persavere (sp?) it could be sprng fever related and hopefully hormones will soon calm down, as long as the fighting outbreaks arent all the time, keep a watchful eye on them

A long as they're not hurting each other I'd stick at it x

Yeah this, it takes time for bonds to strengthen and if things have happen recently that have upset that a bit ie. hormones, spaying, time of the year then I'd give them a while to settle.

they start by putting their heads down and suddenly they are in a ball of furr, rolling around-furr flying-mostly bluebells. i have to physically get my feet between them or they keep going:(

cruel as it sounds I would stop free range time if it's a trigger, sounds a bit like its territorial. You could also slowly increase their space with puppy pens to see if that helps :wave: when Sebastian and Imogen first came home they would fight whenever they went in the run so I had to do it very slowly :)

I would stop the free range time for now too. When I first let my newly bonded trio on the landing it degenerated into some scrapping. I waited a couple of months and they were ok after that.

Back