• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home checking privately when rehoming a bun?

Autumn

Warren Scout
Am currently helping to find a forever home for one of the Surrey buns. Male, so no need for pregnancy watch.

I want to homecheck but can I do that? Don't want to put anyone of and lose a home for him.... But thinking I could deliver him to any new home offered that sounds good so I can do a sly homecheck at the same time??!

Personally, I think you should just be upfront and say from the word go that you will require to do a home check and that it's perfectly fine as long as you say in advance.

Personally, I think you should just be upfront and say from the word go that you will require to do a home check and that it's perfectly fine as long as you say in advance.

Yes I agree

Rescues have no more 'right' to do this than anyone else wanting to make sure the Pet goes to an appropriate home.

Yes I agree

Rescues have no more 'right' to do this than anyone else wanting to make sure the Pet goes to an appropriate home.

Okay. I felt a bit cheeky demanding to do a home check!

Can't stand the thought of them going to another bad home!

Okay. I felt a bit cheeky demanding to do a home check!

Can't stand the thought of them going to another bad home!

I dont think you should need to 'demand' it as such. Just state from the outset that you would like to visit to see where he would be living. I dont think any genuine Rabbit lover would object to this. I know I wouldn't :)

Back