• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pee stains

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
I've had an idea! :D

It involves a dog crate that is a bit worse for wear in regards to pee stains.. does anyone have any ideas as to how to get rid of them so it's in a useable way again?

Do you mean the plastic base? If so boil some vinegar and pour onto the stains, it'll come up like new.

Yeah sorry should have said it's the plastic base, ok will try that thanks

At the risk of sounding really stupid do I pour it on hot or leave it to cool a bit before? :oops::oops:

White vinegar and boiling water is the best thing I've found. Works best when it can be soaked though. :)

So pour some vinegar onto the base and then pour boiling water on top?

That might be a safer option rather than me boiling the vinegar.. I've already been told not to burn the house down :lol:

Vinegar is awesome... Just make sure you have lots of ventilation! It STINKS!!!

Ohh It's not going to harm my hamsters in any way is it? The smell I mean.. They are in the same room I'm planning on doing it in :?

I use neat vinegar and pour boiling water on top if I have time to soak it.

If I want it done quickly I boil the vinegar and then pour it on hot as it works almost instantly. You can actually see it fizzing.

Yep, I pour some white vinegar in, then a kettle full of hot water on top. I quite like the smell! :lol: I don't think it's harmful.

Back