• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking way ahead into the future...

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
But if I could get the transport to chesterfield, I would, in time, adopt a rabbit, or 2 if they had a bonded pair or would do the bonding for me.
So I want to know a few things.
Firstly, bare minimum requirements? If I had a single rabbit, it'd be a house bun.. But misty only had a cage as a base, and the run of the kitchen, would this pass home checks?
Secondly, if I had a pair, id do them the shed up like I was going to do for misty, its 7x5, but id add extra levels, would this pass home checks?
Lastly, I don't have an unlimited supply of money so what would be the best breeds to get, that weren't prone to dental problems such as dwarf breeds etc
Misty never had any teeth problems, I checked her gums regularly, always nice and pink, I don't know what breed she was though.

Any advice appreciated :wave:
I wouldn't be getting one yet. I need time to grieve and remember misty for the character she was instead of the still image in my head. And id wait for the right one to be available.

Your shed should be fine and so should your kitchen.
When you speak to a rescue they may very well want to come to you.
You can ask them what bunnies they have in that have not had any dental problems.
Uppy eared bunnies tend to be less likely to have them.
Just bear in mind other health problems like rexes are prone to sore hocks.
Wait until you feel ready then start looking.
Or you could even become a foster mummy :)
Rescues are always in need of good foster mummys xxxxxxx

That's all very good to know :) I don't think id make a good foster, id get too attached. I was browsing earlier, there's a beautiful dutch doe, but its far too early to be seriously considering it. Maybe a week or so to get the ball rolling, whenever I feel ok xx

Everyone is different...some people take along time to be ready and others are ready right away :) I lost Poppy bun on the 4th March and she was part of a quad...I would be liying if I said I hadnt been thinking about adopting another and bonding ;) Infact I have my eye on a certain bun at macclesfield rspca...we will see...

Good luck when the time is right :) I have shed set ups and an indoor set up in my bedroom and no rescue has turned me down yet :)

I'm sure you won't have a problem, and when the times right for you I'm sure you will know.

Megan's Mummy, if you've fallen for a rabbit in a go for it, in case you miss out.... I'd been thinking about a rescue pair and by the time decided to go for it the pair I liked the look of in a local rescue had been reserved, but I've since fallen head over heels with a pair from macclesfield rspca :love: and am just waiting on a homecheck. :D

Back