• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow sticks in TESCO

Fennic

Warren Scout
Hi all, I found a very large bunch of willow sticks in the gardening section of TESCO, they're held together with wire but could easily be seperated. I wasn't sure if they're treated with anything weather-y resistant that could/would be poisonous to bun's. If not, could they be used for chew sticks for the rabbits? We've bought the pet kind before now. Anyone have any idea if they are treated? For £3 you get quite a good ammount VS the packs from pet shops.

Personally, I wouldn't give them to bunnies because you don't know what's on them or what they've been treated with.

Fair enough, had the same view. Didn't buy them, just noted where they was from and thought i'd ask more rabbit savvy people. :)

I would suspect that most garden products are treated with a preservative of some sort. But good to know they have cheap willow screens for the garden :thumb:

I saw those on Sunday and Instoe have the trellises as well, i think im going to get some for my boarders. I was looking at them for the bunnies but the ones i saw had loads of tiny nails in so i didnt bother. I once saw a website online that sells willow, ill go have a look, i wouldnt mind ordering some for mine and making some balls for them.

Ok so i found the website, could someone take a look at Musgrove willow growers and let me know if it would be ok to get for the bunnies, i dont think its treated with anything. Sorry to cut in :thumb:

Back