• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help....before its their bedtime !!!

Haribo bunny

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, it's day 1 of bonding and so far spookily so good, new lady bun is not happy being mounted but happy to sit it a neutral pen with Haribo and snuggle up.no aggression or fighting or anything,
Problem is, do I put them back in their individual area for tonight and I'm at work tomorrow so but worried to leave them all day together on their own in case it kicks off....would it be best to separate them tomorrow and start again on Thursday ??
Any help very gratefully received !!

possibly too late to reply before bedtime, but it's uusally suggested to keep them together once they're together, else seperating them would mean you have to start over on bonding and is more stressful for the rabbits. Since there's no aggression I would be tempted to leave them, though I know you'll be worried, but they need to sort it out and surely if they haven't shown any problems then it should be ok. If you have to seperate them every night because of work, then you might find the humping more frequent and the territory won't be neutral anymore.

Good luck with what you choose to do!

Hi and thank you!! They've been together all day, seem ok, no stroppiness...just don't know whether to leave them in the big playpen ( neutral ) now, or neutralise where Haribo lives and put them in there.god it's worse than kids !!!!

I'd say leave them for at least a week together, moving them too soon could break the bond. Glad they were behaved :D

Back