• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't Want to Get My Hopes Up *Picture Added* *really distressing update p11*

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
But someone has contacted me about a rabbit!

He's a year old neutered Holland Lop and is apparently very friendly, even sleeps with their dog. However I don't know if I'll be able to get him because we don't have space for a single rabbit :( So he'd have to be bonded either to Joshua or Toshi and Paige. I really want him though I can't understand why people give up animals so quickly. He is apparently a free range house rabbit and he is neutered, so he obviously hasn't been neglected, but I will feel guilty if I don't get him-who knows who he might end up with?

So anyhow, hopefully this works out. A new face in the house would be wonderful :wave:

Last edited:
Awww...Holland lop...Like my Mimz. :love:
He sleeps with the dog? Wow. :shock:
Fiver sometimes tries to curl up with Jenna, but she's leery of him and will scoot away.

I always wanted a quad myself, but wound up with three singles. Something to consider is if they don't bond, can you manage the odd bun out okay and will the new one possibly set off squabbles amongst the currently bonded bunnies you have.

Do you have a picture?

I'm hoping that since he sleeps with the dog it means he's mellow and bondable ;)

Sadly the new bun would have to bond to someone or we wouldn't have room, which is our main concern on whether or not to get him :? As for the squabbles we've dealt with similar things first when we got Paige and again when we got Joshua. Both times we have simply changed the schedule of who is let out first and make sure to clean up stray poos. If need be we could vacuum between rabbits.

I don't have a picture yet, hopefully I'll be getting one soon :wave:

Here is the picture, his name is Bojangles :love:

bojangles_zps0ad480ec.jpg

Isnt holland lop the american name for mini lop?

Hope you manage to think of something, we pushed ourselves to absolute max capacity with unwanted rabbits this year, we have rehomed 13 since begin of last month, and I cannot think how we were caring for them all, or where they all went :shock:

They were being dropped in like flies, but they all got the care they needed before going off to new homes where I know they are all very very happy :)

Good luck

I'm pretty sure it is :oops: I always forget the UK vs. US rabbit terms.

Unfortunately I'm going to have decide soon because the lady who contacted me is 'the middle man' between me and the people who actually own the rabbits. She told me that I better hurry because 'her boys were begging her for a rabbit'. Her children are very nice, but I don't think she understands the responsibility required at all. :?

Aww gorgeous!! Almost looks like he might have a bit of lionhead in there? Hope you can get something sorted. x

We decided not to get him because if we brought him home and Joshua hated him, he would have nowhere to live.

Today I learned that they were able to find him a home, when I asked if it was a good home. I was told that 'oh yes it's very good he'll be living on a rabbit farm'. I was honestly speechless and didn't ask her if that meant it was a meat farm. I feel rather ill thinking about it though and very guilty :cry:

Back