• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Wish Lady Lydia Would Agree to Giving Dermot a Chance

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Dermot desperately wants to be friends. Lydia is OK to sit on my chair with him, but anywhere else and she wants nothing to do with him and just keeps attacking him

For now we will just continue with them sitting together for a while each day

Rabbits1453.jpg

Rabbits1454.jpg

Rabbits1456.jpg

oooh, the look so lovely together too..... Come on Lydia,,,, play nicely.... he's gorgeous...

Sending calming bonding vibes.
Hopefully she will just get used to his presence eventually.
Are you able to take them out in the same carrier for a short drive?
Obviously it's easier if you have someone else to be there too.
I have found this worked a treat with Angel and Bailey, Bailey my mini rex was quite nasty to Angel at times.
Now he still likes to let her know who'se boss but they are perfect together :love:

You've probably tried that already though. xxx

Dermot really does like her and he would be such a good companion. But it has to be up to Lydia, I am not going to force the issue.

Sending calming bonding vibes.
Hopefully she will just get used to his presence eventually.
Are you able to take them out in the same carrier for a short drive?
Obviously it's easier if you have someone else to be there too.
I have found this worked a treat with Angel and Bailey, Bailey my mini rex was quite nasty to Angel at times.
Now he still likes to let her know who'se boss but they are perfect together :love:

You've probably tried that already though. xxx

I cant use high stress methods of bonding due to Dermot's health problems. So if bonding happens it will have to be a very, very slow and calm approach.

I cant use high stress methods of bonding due to Dermot's health problems. So if bonding happens it will have to be a very, very slow and calm approach.

ah I thought of that after I'd posted.
You know them so well Jane, and if it's going to happen it'll happen in it's own time like you said :)
Sending lovely calming bonding vibes for them.xxxx

I hope they become friends. I find it really upsetting that Ted and Rosie are now separated by a 'fence' :cry:

How are the rest of the new bonds going ? Jessica and Harry, Rodney and Jo ?

Jo and Rodney are fine. They have been right from the start

Jessica is a bit bossy over food and she will try to chase Harry. Despite the fact he only has 3 legs he still has a fair turn of speed. I have to put my hand in front of Jessica to stop the chase as she is deaf so she cant hear if I shout 'NO'. But mostly they are doing OK xx

Jo and Rodney are fine. They have been right from the start

Jessica is a bit bossy over food and she will try to chase Harry. Despite the fact he only has 3 legs he still has a fair turn of speed. I have to put my hand in front of Jessica to stop the chase as she is deaf so she cant hear if I shout 'NO'. But mostly they are doing OK xx

Thats good news.

At least its only a food issue with Jessica and Harry. Cutie-pie has learnt the food rules with Bandit. Drop it or he will take it from her mouth. :shock: The rest of the time they are a loving couple.

Since I can't seem to get Pip and Mimzy back together (he's become too aggressive with her) I wish I could get her and Fiver to be a couple, but she really can't stand him. :(
*sigh* Poor Dermot and poor Lydia. Happiness for both, just slightly out of reach. :(
It must be very frustrating for you Jane. I hope things will change and a comfortable bond can be established.

It's good to hear the other couples are doing well. I didn't realize Jessica was deaf though. :shock: How do you communicate with her, is it all just a matter of catching her eye? I've tried doing my best to 'speak' to Mimzy since he lost his hearing, but I find I still startle the heck out of him most times. :(

Aw bless them, they would make such a lovely couple and I'm sure Lady Lydia would really enjoy the company eventually, fingers crossed she'll fall for him one day xx

Aw they look cute together. I hope she becomes more tolerant of him with time - would be lovely to see them together.

That Lady Lydia can be a silly mare can't she...poor old Dermot, obviously adores her. Hope she gets over her daftness soon!:thumb:

Back