• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround tunnel fun!

Zoobec

Staff member
Just fitted a runaround tunnel to attach the girls run to hutch. Ginger is the braver one of the two and tried it out first, she went back and forth a few times, thought it was great fun. then she decided to try it out backwards, and decided to run backwards up the full 8ft of pipe, appearing bum first into the hutch :shock: :lol: we fell about laughing! She was all ruffled bless her! Meanwhile Apricot who wouldn't try it out at all, carried on nomming! Eventually Apricot tried it out but she wasn't sure! I've shut them in the hutch now it's gone dark, they can try it all out again tomorrow!

It sounds Ginger has been having great fun. I'm sure Apricot will get the hang of it, especially if she sees Ginger whizzing back and forth. :D

I want to get some runaround tunnels for my lot....have to save the pennies first though. :roll:

Yeah they're not cheap, but I think its worth it, it's been easy to set up and it seems well designed and strong. Yes I think Apricot will get the hang of it tomorrow!:D

I didn't take any photos today, I'll try and get some tomorrow! Ginger will probably do the backwards trick again I should imagine knowing her!

:lol: Yes, I remember the first time one of them scooted backwards down a tube! I nearly died laughing! The other good one is if they both go in the tube from opposite ends at the same time... there's a lot of shuffling and then 2 bunnies come out one end :lol:

Ooh I soooo want one of the tunnels ! Am going to match it with a welfare company run.... Can't wait for the nice weather do bun can start going outside . He finds it great fun to run at full speed between my legs at the moment ... Swear he laughs .

Oooh...pics when you can please:wave: I'm debating getting some for Poppy but I'm wondering how I can incorporate them into her set up...so ideas much appreciated:thumb:

Glad yours are having fun in them:thumb::thumb:

I connected half a tunnel from one side of the hutch to a run for Cookie. She sped down it in no time but, before I attached it, she wouldn't go through it at all! I am planning on attaching the other half to the other side of the hutch and another run as Cookie is now married to Casper. I'm sure they will love the choice of runs.

Apricot emerging from the tunnel!

af49c6313b0bf596fc85ae92e2dab9ff_zpsacbbb808.jpg
[/IMG]
Apricot says," I'm not coming out while you're there, not even for a fenugreek crunchie"
Why is it as soon as you stand there with a camera they won't co-operate :lol: it's like they're thinking " I is not showing the hoomins how to go up this tunnel thing they might come in and eat our noms!"
Julialarubia, Yes, I bet they'll love a runaround warren!
Helen01 I saw loads of really inventive use of runaround in the housing sticky I think, ours is just a straight forwards hutch/run link.
Fluffs mum, ooh that sounds good:D

That looks brilliant :love: I've just asked my moms permission for me to buy a runaround set up.. No idea why:lol: but she wants me to show her anyway:lol:

How much tubing do you have? :shock: looks like a lot:D

I've got 8 ft for that set up. I bought 2 number 1 connection kits, one for the girls set up and one for my boys set up ( subject to an rspca home check I'm taking on 2 boys soon :love:) so the coiled pipe you can see in the background is for the boys set up.

I've got 8 ft for that set up. I bought 2 number 1 connection kits, one for the girls set up and one for my boys set up ( subject to an rspca home check I'm taking on 2 boys soon :love:) so the coiled pipe you can see in the background is for the boys set up.

Ahhh, that's a good length of tubing. I measured it for my set up but until you see a picture you can't .."see" it if that makes sense:lol:

Looks so much fun though, I bet my pair will love it:D

im thinking of getting one of these. is it easy to set up? im getting a metal run like yours too. does it attach to the gap in the run securely?

You have to cut some of the vertical bars. I just bent them back so you can get the connection through and the plastic bits screw on quite easily. Instructions come with the bits and bobs and you can go online too for a tutorial. Best of luck.:)

If you've got the same run as me and it has those small sliding doors you can fit it to the hole where the door is. No need to cut the run. We removed the sliding door pophole cover and used the runaround pipe clamp to fix pipe to run. It's very easy to fit. Runaround supplied a piece of mesh with a hole in it to clamp the pipe onto as their mesh is stronger than most runs. Then you tie wrap the square of mesh to your run mesh. It's all very easy to fit. We bought runaround kit no 1 for our set ups. Or you can get kit no 2 which has a flower door for the run too.

Back