• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to deter foxes?

MichG

Mama Doe
My neighbours have just spoken to me to tell me that there is at least 1 fox in the area as it ran through their garden last night.

What are some rabbit safe fox deterrants?
My runs should be fox proof but I would rather know that the foxes weren't coming in my garden at all as I don't want them stressing the buns

Can you put shutters on your hutch/runs?

I get the men in my life to pee around the boundaries of our garden too :roll:

Can you put shutters on your hutch/runs?

I get the men in my life to pee around the boundaries of our garden too :roll:

I have 4 avery style runs so that wouldn't really work I don't think... Will try anything but am now worried about the night.

Do men peeing around actually work? Like Human men??? :oops:

Sounds gross but male humans urine,,, My hubby and son peed in a bottle when i had new grass put down... The fox continually dug it up so we put wee down.. the foxed stopped coming..

I have heard though that the BEST deterrant by far is lion dung. You can put a bit down on affected areas and the foxes wont come within a square mile!,!, I am waiting till its drier but intend buying it for here....

I read somewhere and saw on tv that male wee contains testosterone so while male foxes might stay away, the females can be attracted to it:shock:

I don't know though, if a fox wants to get somewhere they will work it out eventually.

Back