PDA

View Full Version : bad bad dreams...shrieks in sleep..poor bunny

purplebumble
18-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Last night mr bunny..who's yet to be named...was dreaming really ferociously....i sat back down and Nikki and i were watching tv when we heard a rabbit shriek..not quite a scream. He was still asleep and dreaming....when he woke up he was pretty shaken up bess him. I HAVE NEVER had a rabbit shriek in its sleep..my old cat bumble used to sriek kitty shriek when she had nightmares but ive never kniwn a bunny do it.

btw hes fine in himself...but what on earth was he dreaming about or reliving in his sleep:(

ripminnie
18-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Oh dear poor bun :( x

rachylou
18-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Was he a rescue? Maybe he was abused and was re living it in his sleep :-(

purplebumble
18-03-2013, 04:27 PM
He is indeed a rescue but seemed as level as a bunny of three whos owners never gave him a name even....:(

most of my buns have been rescued buns....since my first ever rescue bun..my darling girlie Bif...who was severely abused..but even she never screamed r shrieked in her sleep or whilst awake.

hes had an overload of excess cecals today...so must have been something he felt stressed out by.

thank you both for replying.

RedFraggle
18-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Poor little man. Glad he's in safe hands now!

UsagiYojimbo
18-03-2013, 06:18 PM
could he have been having a stroke or fit rather than bad dream whilst asleep?

Lea-Anne
18-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Awww poor bun :-( my dog has whined and barked in her sleep but never seen my rabbits dream.

rachylou
18-03-2013, 06:24 PM
When Jims and Cooks sleep and dream they twitch and you can see their mouths moving. Its cute!

natsusakura
18-03-2013, 07:51 PM
:( that must have been a really bad dream poor baby, he must have been really shaken up about it if there's excess ceacals.
I prescribe mummy cuddles and noserubs :) xxxx

Fee
18-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Aww the wee pet..... i hope whatever is was doesnt give him further problems...

Bless him,,,,as Nats says,, noserubs and special mummy cuddles should be the order of the day

Fee xxxx

antigone
18-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Poor Mr Bunny! :( I'm sure he had a rotten life as I'm sure he is now spoilt rotten by you! :D

rachylou
19-03-2013, 12:48 AM
I would try not to worry, if its a one off then I would put it down to a horrible nightmare like what we have. If it became a regular occurance maybe a chat with the ve may be in order. Xx