• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Duncan going for neuter

AnneGibson

Warren Scout
I have taken decision to have Duncan neutered, it is a sad and hard choice as he is a lovely natured rabbit.
Although he had a pedigree I had already decided before I even got him that I was not prepared to breed from him as I could not cope with the responsibilty of not knowing how the babies would be cared for. That was before I joined the forum and found out the extent of the rabbits in rescue.
Since then I have had two rabbits from RSPCA and decided that rescuing rabbits is the way I want to go.
Still not easy, he came from a wonderful lady and if it was an ideal world it would have been lovely to have babies from him. Unfortunatly the world we live in is far from ideal so I know I am doing the right thing but it is such a shame.
I said to my husband "It's good he does not know what is coming" to which he replied "You mean he doesn't know what is going!"
(please no comments on getting him in the first place, the lady I got him breeds very very rarely -years in between litters- and then only to a very select home and only when she has enough homes for the litter)
Anyway today is the day, so wish my lovely little lad good luck. (I'll be glad to be rid of the spraying though:lol:)

Duncan is back home, nice and warm(ish) in the hall.
He has had a hop round, eaten/pooped and appears just as before.
Much moe lively than the two girls were but I know that is to be expected:D
Thanks for the warm wishes:wave:

Back