• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Velveteen lops

Autumn

Warren Scout
Have just seen some pics. Oh my.....
The velveteen rabbit was my absolute favourite book as a child. I would so love a velveteen lop!

Are they bred in the uk? ( this is me being curious.... I know we don't 'do' breeders buns!)

What pic have you seen? can you post it... I am intrigued...

004-70.jpg

:love:........... BEAUTIFUL....:love:

I'm sorry i didnt realise Sir Victor was a velveteen lop, he was stunning..... xxxxxx

Aw beautiful:love::love:

My daughter is doing The Velveteen Rabbit as her story topic this term and her homework has put put up on the classroom wall.

So is a 'velveteen rabbit' a rex crossed with lop?

I believe it started by crossing a Mini Rex with an English Lop

Then a Dwarf Lop was introduced into the gene pool

But AFAIK the Breed was never Standardised

In my limited experience with them they have a lot of health problems directly linked to how they have evolved- main issues are sore hocks and ear infections

Apparently Dental Disease became an issue when the Dwarf Lop was introduced

I better not state how that was dealt with

:cry:

I believe it started by crossing a Mini Rex with an English Lop

Then a Dwarf Lop was introduced into the gene pool

But AFAIK the Breed was never Standardised

In my limited experience with them they have a lot of health problems directly linked to how they have evolved- main issues are sore hocks and ear infections

Apparently Dental Disease became an issue when the Dwarf Lop was introduced

I better not state how that was dealt with

:cry:

Oh dear, yes I can imagine that that mix of breeds would have a few problems! Very cute, but not so practical!

Morse is a velveteen lop, right? But he's been prone to ear infections as far as I can remember being on the forum. As lovely as rabbits like Sir Victor and Morse are, the selection of a breed with so many health problem perhaps is best not gone on with.

Morse is a velveteen lop, right? But he's been prone to ear infections as far as I can remember being on the forum. As lovely as rabbits like Sir Victor and Morse are, the selection of a breed with so many health problem perhaps is best not gone on with.

Agree 100%

Back