• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two new arrivals on Saturday - U/D Post 42 back from the vet

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Was asked by a lady if I could help, her sister had 2 bunnies that were being neglected and one was very ill, she contacted the RSPCA who wouldn't do anything, not even a visit, even though it was a clear case of neglect, they are both female around 9 months old, not vaccinated, not neutered, never seen hay, very thin and very dehydrated, the owner wouldn't take them to a vet, she was told that they would die if they didn't get veterinary help and she wasn't bothered at all, said if they died that she wouldn't have to look after them

So, this is Lulu Latte, she is painfully thin, she has bite wounds on her back, chronic diorrhea and her teeth are very overgrown, she couldn't drink from the bottle but the owner wouldn't give her a dish, her feet are scalded and have matted lumps from standing in wee and from the diorrhea

RoccoandMinnie019x2_zps0ffb42aa.jpg

RoccoandMinnie025x2_zps9fa98220.jpg

This is her teeth

RoccoandMinnie032x2_zps5c9c8e6b.jpg

RoccoandMinnie036x2_zpsea276ac6.jpg

RoccoandMinnie041x2_zps6a6c061a.jpg

This is Millie Mocha

She is thin but not as bad as her sister, she has some scratch wounds, her eyes are very watery

RoccoandMinnie007x2_zpsb435dabe.jpg

Last edited:
Omg :cry: thank god there is people like you Snowy with a heart to take care of these poor neglected defenceless bunnys :cry:

Oh my! Those pics brought tears to my eyes. If the owner couldn't be bothered with them she should have rehomed them sooner rather than them suffering like that. Thankfully they are now in a much better place. Looking forward to seeing their pics after a couple of months time in your care. :thumb:

:cry: poor girls. How can people be so cruel? I can't believe the ammount of cruelty that goes on, I couldn't work in a rescue I would be so sad and angry. Hats off to those who deal with this day in, day out. I'm surprised nothing was done as poppys previous owner was proeecuted due to not seeking vet care for her buddy with bad teeth wo was pts when rescued.
I'm glad they found their wss to you and hopefully soon they will find a caring forever home xx

OMG... The wee darlings..... I am so glad you have them now... why oh why do people not seek help sooner....??

Noserubs to them both.....

Fee xx

Oh thank God they've been saved - what is this world coming to?

Poor little babies - bless you for what you do for these creatures xxx

That pic of her feet made me shocked.

Then I saw her teeth as well.

What a poor, poor darling. :cry: How could anyone do that? :cry:

Glad they are both in a safe place now.

x

Oh God Theo I didn't want to look as I knew it wouldn't be good. :cry: How could anyone let than happen to their bunnies. Shame on the RSPCA too.

Thank you everyone, I have been bathing her feet tonight and the stench was awful, they have never been handled and so she wriggles and struggles like heck, it was so hard for her

Oh these poor sweethearts! :cry:
Thank God for you, Theo. That poor darling and her teeth... I just cried looking at her. :cry:
They will thrive in your care, of that I have no doubt. xxxx

Omg that is just terrible,:cry: how can anyone treat animals like that, there is no excuse. I cried when I saw those pictures I'm so glad they're getting the care they deserve now, I bet they'll flourish now.

Back