• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I give a rabbit cat toys?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
when i look in pet shops for rabbit toys they are all really pricey or don't look very interesting but the cat toys are all pretty similar but look more fun so can a bunny play with cat toys?
(my sister use to give her pet rats bird toys but i'm not sure?)

It depends on the toy, as while a lot of cat toys will be fine, some won't be very enjoyable for a rabbit or may be dangerous.

hard plastic baby toys (stacking cups, keyrings, etc) seem to go down well with my lot. Things they can throw around but can't eat!

Yeah it depends what it is :) cat tunnels - yes, but things that have cat nip in or the toys with rope around I would avoid as you don't want them chewing it, although one of mine has a rope style one but she can't chew things (only has a few teeth), she just licks it and pushes it around :)

My pair and other single bun have noisy cat balls, and they also have toys meant for birds and chinchillas :)

Here is the one chinchilla toy and cat ball :)

226418_10200850169076995_1343603283_n_zps21c560a0.jpg

Things like baby teething rings are good too :) mine have loads as they love chucking them around :) They have these ones amongst their collection :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nuby-Teet...s_Pacifiers_Teething_Aids&hash=item460943b3a3

My buns live in the house and often come across the cat toys. Milly bun loves pushing ping pong balls round with her nose. They share tunnels and some toys though most cat toys are fabric so no good. I read years ago that catnip could be dangerous to buns. I phoned the RWA and we decided that it was possible that the cat nip could 'relax' the buns too much so I am slightly cautious, but in truth the cats carry their toys everywhere and I've never had a problem. As for the cats-they love bunny dens and all my cats have eaten hay!

There's lots of info on here re good bunny toys. Here's a few budget buys/makes mine like:
Loo rolls filled with hay
Cardboard boxes with doors cut in
Little children's seats that buns can jump on
Plastic Baby building blocks-pile a couple up and buns knock them down
A few sheets of newspaper/paper packaging-they love to rip these up
Plastic skittles-Milly loves bunny bowling
Baby teething rings-hard plastic ones
Paper bags filled with hay and/or a bit of food. Scrunch the end up and buns will rip it open.
A cat/bunny tunnel

Many of these are available cheaply and charity shops are a great place to find baby/toddler toys. Give them a wash and always keep an eye on toys to endure they're not getting too chewed.
Lots of bunny toys are rubbish anyway, but willow balls (from pet shop only not decorative ones) go down well, throwy toys and the big balls with a bell in tend to be popular.

This is great thanx!

I'm making a list of rabbit toys and every one of these is going on the list!

There's lots of info on here re good bunny toys. Here's a few budget buys/makes mine like:
Loo rolls filled with hay
Cardboard boxes with doors cut in
Little children's seats that buns can jump on
Plastic Baby building blocks-pile a couple up and buns knock them down
A few sheets of newspaper/paper packaging-they love to rip these up
Plastic skittles-Milly loves bunny bowling
Baby teething rings-hard plastic ones
Paper bags filled with hay and/or a bit of food. Scrunch the end up and buns will rip it open.
A cat/bunny tunnel

Many of these are available cheaply and charity shops are a great place to find baby/toddler toys. Give them a wash and always keep an eye on toys to endure they're not getting too chewed.
Lots of bunny toys are rubbish anyway, but willow balls (from pet shop only not decorative ones) go down well, throwy toys and the big balls with a bell in tend to be popular.

Louie's got 2 cat balls, the type with a bell inside. He seems to like beating them up on a daily basis :p

I have some fabric tunnels that had balls with bells hanging at each end...I put them in ans the buns have chewed off the balls but now they throw them around too :thumb: they love the tunnels and since buying those I have also bought more of the plastic rattly balls (with small holes in) and they love those.

My mum is manager of a charity shop and she saves me all the baby teether key sets, stacking cups and other bunny friendly toys and I pop in and buy them...very handy!! :thumb:

ETA my kids got some little plastic shape thingis with their buckets and spades last summer and you fill them up with sand and tip them out and it tips out the shape of whatever it is (if your following) and I have given those to the buns and they love those too! :love:

Last edited:
Back