• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aaarrrggghh!!,! Cardboard.....

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Grrrr...... Benny has taken a sudden liking to anything cardboard and has over the last 10 hours singlehandledly destroyed 3 cardboard double skinned boxes between the shed and run......

I have never seen him so animated... Am i right in saying if he has ingested any, he's in danger if his gut slowing down... I have fibreplex , should i give him some, just in case?....

I know its him as the other 2 were sitting on their wooden shelf watching all the commotion!!!:lol:

Fee x

Last edited:
Sure someone will know more but I think most buns can eat a moderate amount of cardboard without issue. I know mine does. I have read that if they crave cardboard then it can be a sign that their gut is slowing anyway.

I would take boxes away and a couple of days of fibreplex won't do any harm. some buns love cardboard.
I had one some time ago that would eat huge amounts and she never had any tummy trouble ( this was before I knew much about buns:oops:)

thanks... I have removed all the cardboard from the run and shed... will keep an eye on him....

Think he is huffing with me now, sitting in the corner wondering where all his toys have gone... The other two are still nomming....!,!,:lol:

Was there lots of the shredded cardboard left lying around? My guys will rip boxes to shreds but leave it lying without eating much of it so I don't worry.

Nah,, there wasnt much left to clear up Ali... Think his exertions have left him goosed... They're all sleeping just now, snuck out.....

Wee D filled the shed up to about 4/5 inches of hay depth, its a proper bunny paradise out there.. We did shut the run ramp though, a fox got into the garden this morning and I shood it away...

Better safe than sorry....

Spenser used to be very fond of a cardboard box, but he has not given his most recent one much attention. He has eaten a fair bit of the spine from a hardback historical novel though. :roll:

Back