• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storage for the bunnies

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I need some better storage for my megazorb, and treat hays. Something easy for me to get into but not easy for the rabbits, any ideas?

Could you use one of those plastic garden things?

I have an 80L storage box for the megazorb, you just need to flatten it down to get the whole bag in :lol: I tend to use the little bit left in the bag for Poppy's litter tray straight away. (although it lasts about 3 days)

whats a garden thing? :lol:

Ideally I want something I don't need to bend too much to reach hmm! I just found Sebastian on top of the tumble drier and Imogen in the hay box eating things they should, really need to get new storage and move it away from the tumble drier :lol:

They're like storage boxes you can keep in the garden :lol: they're in Argos for £30 but I don't know if they would fit megazorb and hay in, might just be easier to have the big storage boxes :lol:

Indoors or out? I have some stacking drawer units from Ikea for treat stuff. They weren't cheap but fit the gap by the wardrobes to the cm!

They're like storage boxes you can keep in the garden :lol: they're in Argos for £30 but I don't know if they would fit megazorb and hay in, might just be easier to have the big storage boxes :lol:

oh yeah, I have one outdoors with a bale of straw in it! Don't think it'd fit in the conservatory, especially as I need other storage in there :(

Indoors Elena, I'm looking at Ikea now. Which drawers did you get? :)

I have wonderful stacking IKEA recycling boxes that were about £9 each a couple of years ago. They are big and hold a full big bag of hay or straw or wood shavings and stack while still having access from the front flap.

I'm being quite fussy in that I don't want anything taller than 63cm :oops::lol: I think I know what you mean bunkin, I'm fairly sure I store their pellets in one currently, but I'm worried they may be able to get in the flap?

oh yeah, I have one outdoors with a bale of straw in it! Don't think it'd fit in the conservatory, especially as I need other storage in there :(

Indoors Elena, I'm looking at Ikea now. Which drawers did you get? :)

These...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00198039/#/80198040

I got five of those size and they do smaller ones which I might get as well on top. More than I wanted to pay really but they work well and fit the space perfectly. I needed something I didn't have to keep lifting boxes off and putting them back, etc. You're only supposed to have three on to of each other but I figure hay and dried leaves are light enough for it not to be a problem.

050bcf0e6e7f9e997a529b82d7fcc920.jpg

They come with dividers but the dividers aren't much cop to be honest. I've got some boxes to put in for smaller quantities.

Back