• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy :)

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
No pics just a story that has made me a bit happier today :) The garden centre where I got Skye from burned down last year, I was devastated as I had reserved a guinea pig to pair with my George, that I was collecting the day after the fire :cry: Lots of animals perished but lots were rescued by the RSPCA. Sadly after many phonecalls I didn't manage to trace the little boy I had named Bobby and had to presume he hadn't made it :cry: I know I was wrong to buy any animals from there as I was never happy with the conditions, they were all in small cages, rabbits and guinea pigs mixed... I know I know... I REALLY don't want this thread to start this debate but I did want to share how happy I was when I went to see the newly refurbished garden centre today, the rabbit and guinea pig accommodation is a million times better, they r in large runs under cover with loads of hay, each enclosure had a whole bale of hay inside! And the rabbits and guinea pigs were seperate :thumb: I know it's a small thing compared to the big issues around selling animals in pet shops and garden centres but I was so relieved to see what they have done, they've obviously done some research. Unfortunately I did feel a bit sick tho when I saw another building closed off to the public that had tons more rabbits in. They always had a shed with ones I presume are waiting to go on sale. It's good they all had the large runs rather than the small cages they used to have but the amount I feel is just so unnecessary. But then maybe they r better off there than some would be if they were sold :roll: I must admit I went all googly eyed over some gorgeous fluffy lionheads... No more for me tho!!!

Small thing but thought it was worth sharing :wave:

Back