• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay to house two male rabbits ( one really small and the next a bit bigger)together?

RabbitBoy_

Young Bun
After my Snow died this morning I acted quickly to get a next partner for my Blizzard, and I got a reeeallly cute and tiny bun that I named Black Ice. He's so small while my other rabbit is just a little bigger, probably about 0.5 meters when laying down. Is it safe for me to house these two buns in the same cage?

Sorry to hear you lost Snowy, binky free :(

Regarding the question, nope. You'll need to neuter/spay both of them (if your Blizzard isnt already) and then 8 weeks after the spay, bond them both together carefully in a neutral environment or else they will most likely fight or breed, depending on the sexes! :wave:

After my Snow died this morning I acted quickly to get a next partner for my Blizzard, and I got a reeeallly cute and tiny bun that I named Black Ice. He's so small while my other rabbit is just a little bigger, probably about 0.5 meters when laying down. Is it safe for me to house these two buns in the same cage?

Is your bun neutered? Any new rabbit should be quarantined before being introduced but by the sounds of it it's already been done ?

I have yet to meet a rabbit that will go for a baby with regards to fighting etc though x

They're both males so I doubt they'll mate :lol: Regarding the fighting etc. so far they're both doing fine and Blizzard only licks up Black Ice and sniffs him, and they both cuddle up next to each other and lie down.

They're both males so I doubt they'll mate :lol: Regarding the fighting etc. so far they're both doing fine and Blizzard only licks up Black Ice and sniffs him, and they both cuddle up next to each other and lie down.

You are taking a big risk in putting a newly acquired Rabbit straight in with a Rabbit you already have

If the new Rabbit is incubating a disease then you are likely to encounter double trouble

They ar e likely to be fine until your baby reaches 12 ish weeks and the hormones kick in. Then be prepared for some SERIOUS DAMAGE to be done. Both will need to be neutered. Your adult male can be done now and they can both go in to vets together when the op is done. You will want to eat the baby done as soon as his bits drop. Again, you you be able to keep them together.

Back