• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I bring my buns in?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
It's blowing a storm out there, hail, rain, thunder and lightening, but all I've got to put them in is their pet carrier/cat box thing, I just thought I'd give them a break for a little while, but I can't let them run around much, just maybe on a blanket :/ :? but not the whole time, especially because they forget their litter training when they get indoors -.- I don't know what to do, it looks horrid out there, I keep checking on them, and they're snuggled up in the hay-room, although it's not particularly cold and the run and windows are covered with tarp to shelter them and reduce some of the lightening flashes, I've also given them some calming drops.

But I do feel awful leaving them out there... ARGHHHH! I hate the English weather!

Leave them. Unless you have a garage/ shed that they can go in or can manage keep them inside until spring properly arrives.

They'll be fine, bringing rabbits in when it's cold and horrible outside can do more damage than good because of the temperature difference. It can bring on snuffles in rabbits I think.

If you're really worried try and cover the hutch with a tarpaulin/ sheet/ carpet off cut or something. Or turn the hutch so it faces a wall which will protect from wind etc x

If you're really worried try and cover the hutch with a tarpaulin/ sheet/ carpet off cut or something. Or turn the hutch so it faces a wall which will protect from wind etc x

I have covered it with a tarp, and it's fairly sheltered by the house and fence... I just can't help but worry, usually bad weather doesn't faze them and they sit out in it, but they've never experienced thunder and lightening before, and haven't left their bedroom all day. :-( :-/

Back