• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big scuffle.... Sammy is hurt :-(

Autumn

Warren Scout
Otis and Sammy had a big scuffle. It only lasted two seconds and I was standing right next to them. Sammy's nose is torn where it attached at the bottom. I think Otis for him with a foot in the face :-(

So angry and upset with myself. Feel like the worst bunny mummy ever :-(

Oh dear :cry:

Have you cleaned the wound ? If it was a bite infection is very likely to be an issue

If the tear is severe he does need to be seen by a Vet today, sometimes surgery is needed. Hopefully it is not that bad though.

Oh dear :cry:

Have you cleaned the wound ? If it was a bite infection is very likely to be an issue

If the tear is severe he does need to be seen by a Vet today, sometimes surgery is needed. Hopefully it is not that bad though.

I think it definitely looks worse than it is. But I feed awful! Have had a good look and I think the skin at the very bottom of his nose is torn by maybe 1/2 mm so I doubt they could do anything to stitch it?
Definitely not a bite wound as I was stood a foot away and it must have been caused by Otis' back foot. He's eating and seems happy so am reluctant to take him to the vet as they've all chilled out now :-/

I think it definitely looks worse than it is. But I feed awful! Have had a good look and I think the skin at the very bottom of his nose is torn by maybe 1/2 mm so I doubt they could do anything to stitch it?
Definitely not a bite wound as I was stood a foot away and it must have been caused by Otis' back foot. He's eating and seems happy so am reluctant to take him to the vet as they've all chilled out now :-/

1 1/2 mm, not 1/2 xxx

Back