• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to wait post neuter before reintroducing buns?

Autumn

Warren Scout
How long do you all wait post neuter before reintroducing? Keen to get boys back into the group ASAP as I feel that the longer I wait the harder it will be. The research I've done recommends anything from a few days to 6 weeks. What do you lot of bunny experts think?

All buns are neutered xxx

Were they living together happily right before the neuter? If so I'd put them back together once the anasthetic has fully worn off, probably wait at least 24 hours but then neutered rabbits can't be kept on hay/straw/shavings straight away because it will irritate their wounds so if you can't make it so the whole group is just on newspaper or blankets or whatever for a few weeks, wait till they've healed

I should add that they have all been living together until two weeks ago when the boys plums dropped. The boys have not really shown any signs of hormones really kicking in and during separation they have been in constant contact through fencing with the trio x

I should add that they have all been living together until two weeks ago when the boys plums dropped. The boys have not really shown any signs of hormones really kicking in and during separation they have been in constant contact through fencing with the trio x

In that case put them back together as soon as they're acting themselves (not drowsy from the anasthetic) if you can put them on appropriate bedding. Maybe let them have a good run outside first on some grass/mood to stop them stinking of the vet so much before you reintroduce them

Back