• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OCD Thread- Re cleaning

rachylou

Warren Veteran
My parents regually do some shopping to help us out, they live 15 mins from Woking- where all the VHD problems are. The supermarket they go to is 2 mins from where they live so 12-13 mins from Woking, they bought round shopping today and normally I wipe it all over before putting it away incase anyone from woking has been there and touched it, but today Dan has just put it straight away! I am really freaking out, is this something any of you would worry about?

Another question-

About a week ago we went to see some friends who previously lived in Woking about a year ago but the Husband still works in Woking and the wife shops in Woking, when we went over Dan took his semi profesional camera with us. He keeps it on his side of the bed just tucked under slightly, I think the corner of the duvet touched it then I sat on that part of the duvet and now I feel contaminated! Would you worry?

Rachylou, you know what I am going to say. Book that appointment with your GP and get on the waiting list at the Maudsely.

Your bun will not get VHD. You know they have never got it despite your fears. You have to tell yourself it is impossible for them to get it.

Rachylou, you know what I am going to say. Book that appointment with your GP and get on the waiting list at the Maudsely.

Your bun will not get VHD. You know they have never got it despite your fears. You have to tell yourself it is impossible for them to get it.

they are vaccinated so can't get it :wave:

But this all started because 2 vaccinated rabbits died of vhd in woking, so now I am convinced they may get it.

I am going to try and post this without sounding harsh, but I don't have a way with words like others so I apologise now if I cause any upset.

Rach rationally you know they might get a different illness and die. They are animals and won't live forever. VHD is such a small risk to them, almost 0%. Whenever you think about VHd you must tell yourself it's the OCD talking. VHD is not a risk to your rabbits.

Your thought process over the bunnies needs addressing. The constant worry about them will destroy you and I fear for the day something does happen to them. Your little boy needs to understand a normal grieving process and having animals as a child is usually a way for them to do this but I fear when they eventually do go you are going to go into meltdown.

As others have said fight for help for your illness.

I am going to try and post this without sounding harsh, but I don't have a way with words like others so I apologise now if I cause any upset.

Rach rationally you know they might get a different illness and die. They are animals and won't live forever. VHD is such a small risk to them, almost 0%. Whenever you think about VHd you must tell yourself it's the OCD talking. VHD is not a risk to your rabbits.

Your thought process over the bunnies needs addressing. The constant worry about them will destroy you and I fear for the day something does happen to them. Your little boy needs to understand a normal grieving process and having aimals as a child is
usually a way for them to do this but I fear when they eventually do go you are going to go into meltdown.

As others have said fight for help for your illness.

No offence caused dont worry. :wave:

I totally understand what you are saying and that is such a huge concern for me too, because right now I know I would go into a meltdown, which is why I need help.
Its 'funny' because I grew up with animals all my childhood, we had Lucy- cat, Dandy- rabbit, Marmite- Hamster, Pebbles- hamster, Silver and Goldie- goldfish, Sweetie-goldfish and a tank full of tropical fish and even though I was devestated about loosing them it did not affect me how it does now, I think what has happened through my teenage and adult life is that people let you down, peoole break your heart, people hurt you and people do not always love unconditionally. I think this is why I now form such strong bonds with my furry friends because they are totally the opposite to humans.

Last edited:
Ok guys I am stuck in my stupid thoughts again. This time its about the blimming light cord in the bathroom- I went to the toilet and didnt want to wake Jack so walked there in darkness, I then couldnt find the cordand then ended up touching most of the cord before using the little nobly end bit,then I touched my nightwear and got back in to bed after toilet duties but no I am panicing that I have contaminated the bed! The reason I see it as a threat is because dan took jack out today in the car and the first thing he does when he gets in is go and change jack in the bathroom which means he touched the cord before washing his hands! Would any of you worry about this?!

Ok guys I am stuck in my stupid thoughts again. This time its about the blimming light cord in the bathroom- I went to the toilet and didnt want to wake Jack so walked there in darkness, I then couldnt find the cordand then ended up touching most of the cord before using the little nobly end bit,then I touched my nightwear and got back in to bed after toilet duties but no I am panicing that I have contaminated the bed! The reason I see it as a threat is because dan took jack out today in the car and the first thing he does when he gets in is go and change jack in the bathroom which means he touched the cord before washing his hands! Would any of you worry about this?!

Nothing to worry about. If it would make you feel better, wipe the cord over with Dettox.

Back