• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carpet or lino?

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
Our buns home is constructed of NIC panels. Initially we ised carpet tiles but with their running ariund, it keeps moving and it's a nightmare to clean. Now we want to either put 1 big bit of carpet down or lino. I do like the idea of lino as its so easy to clean but am worried about it staying flat as it has a tendency to curl. And watson might eat it. Carpet isnt as easy to just sweep clean and Watson might eat it.

Recommendations?

I'd use Lino, I've used that in the bottom of the hutch and not fastened it down yet :oops:but its not curled up at all, it's got litter trays and beds and bowls on though, but its a doddle to clean. I'm not familiar with those cubes but if the bottom was open could you cut a piece of Lino slightly too big and then put the cage on top so there's no edges for them to chew at and dig?

Deffinatly lino...my playhouse has carpet and it's a nightmare to keep clean and tidy!! Lino is so easy to sweep and mop...I like mopping :lol:

Lino. I have it in the summerhouse and its so easy to keep clean. I trimmed off all the edges so they can't chew it. They ruined a bedroom carpet when they were inside and ruined the one in their summerhouse in 3 months. Its so hard to keep carpet clean when they urinate and poo on it and the fur gets ingrained in the fibres.

Lino! I have a couple of cheap bathmats on the lino so he has something to sit on if he wants so he doesn't get a cold bottom :oops: although he has completely destroyed them :lol:

Indoors I would use carpet. Lino is slippery and chewable. Use some cheap carpet and when it gets manky throw it away.

Back