• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

Autumn

Warren Scout
Opinions needed!

Have decided to extend the buns space. They currently have 11 x 6 ft of space consisting of a shed and aviary joined by a cat flap. I have decided to but three more aviary panels to extend the housing.

My two options are to either extend the permanent housing by 3ft giving them a permenent space of 14 x 6 (84square ft)......

Or, to leave the aviary as it is but put in a door and use the three panels to give them an extended area of 6 x 6 ft for supervised play. This would mean that they have permenent access to 66sq ft but have supervised access ( most days during school hours to over 100sq ft.

I'm torn..... What would you do?

wow :shock: they have a massive setup as it is so I think I'd be tempted to go for the supervised space :thumb:

I have a large group though of 5.... Hopefully soon to be six so its really just minimum space which is why I'm keen to expand it.

It was huge when I just had a trio but have since accumulated three rescued bunnies that weren't planned additions!

I think I'd be inclined to extend the run from 6x6 to 6x9, and perhaps in the future buy a puppy pen which you could use for supervised use.
I have one (actually 2 now) in front of my shed and have been really pleased with it, you can easily add or remove panels to adjust the amount of space and it's easily moved around.
link to photo

I have a large group though of 5.... Hopefully soon to be six so its really just minimum space which is why I'm keen to expand it.

It was huge when I just had a trio but have since accumulated three rescued bunnies that weren't planned additions!

Ahh I thought you only had a pair :lol: in which case yes I'd do the permanent extension

Back