• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit eyes watery?

RabbitBoy_

Young Bun
Sometimes ( like when I lift my rabbit or when my baby cousin treats them rough ) there eyes get watery, and sometimes a lot. Is it because they're crying?

I'm not sure. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be along to give you an answer, I'd just like to advise that unless the rabbit is a cuddle monster (and if so, well done, you've found the one in a thousand who is!), it's best not to handle them unless absolutely necessary, i.e trips to the vet. Certainly not advisable to allow young children to handle them, they often don't know their own strength and it can quite easily end in either a sore rabbit or a chunk of baby's finger missing!

You shouldn't be letting babies near your buns, rabbits aren't a good mix with children, being 'treated rough' is most probably extremely stressful for your rabbit.
As for the eyes, I would let a vet check them out, nobody here can possibly diagnose your bun, we aren't vets, but discharge or watery eyes is not normal and might be being caused by something more serious like dental issues.

Back