• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever had a bunny you didn't like?

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
That you got them and thought they were lovely but ended up being nasty, horrible creatures?

I've had a lot of buns in my life and fortunately I have only ever had one such bunny. Didi. She was mean. Completely and utterly mean. We had her from very early on and I dont know why but she just became horrible. Horrible to other bunnies, especially one called Mouse who she harmed so badly that the area between one of her legs and bum had split!! I had to take her away from the group in the end and I got her her own husbun, Ed, who tamed her. She ended up living with my colleague when my personal situation changed and I had no more buns. She did get to live to an old age together with Ed but till this day, when ever I think of her, I still don't like her. I know it sounds awful but I did look after her, fed her, took her to the vet when needed so it wasn't like she was treated differently to the other buns.

No...my bunny Toby can be quite nippy if you accidentally upset him, but I don't think he had a particularly nice life before he was rescued so I completely understand why he is like that. He is fine with his wife Jo, and that is all that matters really. And I love him to bits even if he does hurt me sometimes if I put my hand in at the wrong time! He is a little character and I love his grumpy little face :love:

Thankfully I haven't ever had to deal with a really aggressive bunny (yet). I foster, and some of the buns have come from poor conditions but it amazes me how forgiving they are. I'm in awe of them really.

No, I've never had any animal that I don't like.

My Roo bit my finger badly and very deeply, not long after I'd adopted him (I pulled my hand away and he was still attached). He's a friendly lad normally, but he will bite anything that appears in front of him (apart from his partner Sugar). He doesn't nip, he bites and he means it. It's due to his poor eyesight and possibly less than forgiving previous owners. :roll: I love him as much as any of my rabbits, even though he's had my fingers a few times when my concentration has lapsed. :roll:

Yes:lol:

and no - Calel was a special bunny & held a special place in my heart. He came to me agressive & 3 weeks later bit through the artery & nerves in my wrist - I had stitches & 6 weeks of anntibiotics. I had him for 5.5 years (he must have been 6.5, maybe 7) - & he's at the bridge now, but although he came on a long way - he wasn't a nice bunny - entertaining maybe but not nice:lol:

I still have nerve damage - my thumb tingles when I type:love::lol:

No, I'm happy to say I've loved all of my animals deeply :love:

Max can be au little turd sometimes, he grunts a lot, batts me when I'm trying to top up their hay, bites my ankles when I'm on the toilet and is generally a bit of a thug, but I love him all the more for it! :? :lol:

When I was a child (under 10) we had a hutch rabbit who didnt like me and used to bite me but adored my older sisters. I did not like him very much.

I adore both Iggy and betty. I do perhaps have a stronger bond with Iggy because we have been together for 8 years. Betty only a year. :)

Perdy rabbit was more of a rabbit friendly sort of rabbit though and preferred Iggy to people. I think its sometimes easier to show love to bunnies who like people most but i still adored her. :D

I think you just tend to have a different relationship with an aggressive animal. I had a spiny mouse who became so territorial that if you put your hand in to his cage he'd shoot out and bite you (and ohhh how it hurt!). He was a bit difficult to look after, for that reason, but we got around it. I still loved him though; although maybe not in the minutes immediately after a bite! :lol:

Not really. There was a phase I wouldn't go near Baby (she lives between mine and my grandma's house so she stayed there for a long time) because she was going through an awful phase and had left me with bite marks and huge bruises all the way from my finger to the top of my arm and I was scared to go near her, but I've had her since she was born so I'm very attached and she's a lovely bun now

Jez was dumped on me a few years ago and was the skittiest rabbit I'd ever seen, if I brought him inside it'd take hours to catch him and you could only do it by completely trapping him, I couldn't cope and I never got attached to him and so I rehomed him with my best friend but I didn't particularly dislike him, he was such a strange bunny with a huge personality and always made us laugh

For me it wasn't so much her aggression towards humans as I had other buns that had this too. For me it was the moment she caused serious and terrible damage to Mouse who was the sweetest thing. It was a long recovery process, spending many hours up with her to help her recover. After that I saw Didi as a bully and I don't like bullies

No my bins have been great! I don't enjoy having my gerbil though, he is viscious! I have to wear gloves when feeding or handling him as he jumps mouth open at the ready to bie, not nip BITE made my bro in lae bleed! He kept and bread gerbils when he was younger and couldn't believe our tales of pain and blood lol. Never getting gerbils again! I feel sorry for my vet if we ever need to take the evil thing for vet care!

No my bins have been great! I don't enjoy having my gerbil though, he is viscious! I have to wear gloves when feeding or handling him as he jumps mouth open at the ready to bie, not nip BITE made my bro in lae bleed! He kept and bread gerbils when he was younger and couldn't believe our tales of pain and blood lol. Never getting gerbils again! I feel sorry for my vet if we ever need to take the evil thing for vet care!

So funny. All my buns have been lovely, all my hammies too... only pet I've ever not liked was gerbils.. Got a pair of brothers when I was about 17 and they were horrible!! I was so excited to get them too, spent close to £200 on a massive set up for them, researched them for ages to make sure I got it right and they just ended up being horrible, couldn't handle them because they would just bite me! They were fun to watch, and I always looked after them, took them to the vet etc... They had a good life, I just didn't enjoy them very much. Would go for rats next time or a hammy.. can't beat a little fluffy hammy :love:

I would say Olly after he bit me quite badly on the second day we had him. He also escaped his pen (many times!), peed everywhere and fought with Mylo! :roll:

I will admit I was a bit unsure in the first week or so but I've put it down to him just adjusting to his new environment. He's settled down a lot and I've also discovered his favourite scratchy spot that makes him fall asleep! I can't not love him, he's adorable! :love:

No, I can honestly say never had a bun I didn't like. All have had their very different personalities. I've had 8 bunnies over 13 years and my most aggressive bunny actually went on to become one of my most special buns and I was devastated when she died

Never a bunny, but I had a goldfish that drove me mad, and would jump out of the tank everytime I took the lid off to feed them, with the amount of times he landed on the counter or in the sink or on the carpet, I'll never know how he lived as long as he did! :lol:

Maia has a feisty personality but I know it's mostly fear and wild behavior patterns she can't get over. And most important, I still like her loads. She reminds me of myself so much.

I've had buns that don't like me :lol:.

A couple of fosters hated me, and I have a bun Faith, who I've had for about 4 years now. She hates everyone, but has learnt to tolerate me most of the time. I admit I was unsure of her at first, but I love her the same as the others now. She has poor sight, and even now will launch herself at my legs if I smell of a bun she hates. Or maybe she just likes seeing me dance :lol:

Back