• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just insured eddie piggy

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i always regret not insuring the others so i've just insured eddie. i think for peace of mind it's worth it as we aren't in a position to save and can borrow a certain amount from family, but not hundreds and hundreds if there was a really serious problem.

we chose exotics direct and got 10% discount so it's £9.64 a month :)

although there have been problems mentioned here on other people's buns, i always think it is a peace of mind to get them insured:D not a bad price either!

although there have been problems mentioned here on other people's buns, i always think it is a peace of mind to get them insured:D not a bad price either!

yes, i agree. i really regret not getting bisc and matt insured before all their respiratory problems started. it's costed an absolute fortune over the years.

i can't insure maisie piggy though because she's too 'old'

if at some point we can save instead, then i can always cancel the policy, but for us at the moment, it's probably the sensible option.

I have one of the chins with Exotic Pets. The other two are too old now. I only wished I got them all insured before 2011, as Babydarling has cost us nearly £1,700.00 in vet bills, could be more I don't look at the bills anymore, in the last three years. :shock:

People, not on RU, would think us mad. We never tell family, especially the in laws.

I have one of the chins with Exotic Pets. The other two are too old now. I only wished I got them all insured before 2011, as Babydarling has cost us nearly £1,700.00 in vet bills, could be more I don't look at the bills anymore, in the last three years. :shock:

People, not on RU, would think us mad. We never tell family, especially the in laws.

i know what you mean - when my dad used to take me to the vets, he would always ask how much it cost afterwards, and even though i always halved it :lol: he was still horrified! :roll: x

Back