• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Losing your buns

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
All these stories of bunnies leaving us for the rainbow bridge makes me think about my buns. Mine are only 1 year old so should have many years ahead of them but the mere thought of one day having to lose them is heart breaking.

Especially when you get up in the morning and you get greeted by this face:

1CA1FBFD-18A7-4A01-914E-82DEAD4B9B07-12014-0000094A0F7CB1FD_zpsc9cb995e.jpg

1E726573-9C39-48CB-AEFC-FA127B063769-12014-0000094A0B4BC2B3_zps426f256d.jpg

I cannot imagine a day when he won't be there in the morning. Why can't our buns grow old with us! :cry:

I wish that my 2 could live forever too. Gypsy is now 9 and storm 7 and a half. time goes too fast :cry:

All we can do is love them, care for them, make them happy and make each day count so that when the sad day comes we may look back on their lives and think " I made a difference to their lives,"

Losing Boris was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced. It's been 2 months and I'm still devastated that he's gone :( All I can say is don't take them for granted. Ever. Things can change so fast :(

I get upset even thinking about any of mine going :(
I have 2 older buns, they are coming up for 9 and 10 years old, and they have really started looking their age the last few months and I'm so scared that they wont have long left.
I'm hoping they have another 5 years at least.
I dread to think what one is going to do without the other, they've been a bonded pair for 8 years and wont accept any other buns...I tried them with my other pair but they weren't interested.

I look forward to getting home to see Doughnut. When she's been in hospital the house as felt so empty.

I dread the day too and she is so young that I want to enjoy her as much as possible. It's amazing how much you can love a little fluffy. I always wonder if I would get another rabbit as I would hate to compare them and then they will eventually die and it's more heartache, but it is so lovely having a pet.

Whenever I read a thread about a rabbit being unwell or dying I find it so upsetting and give Doughnut an extra little squeeze.

Lots of hugs to everyone who has lost a little bun, extra hugs to Jane who has lost too many but prolonged so many of their lives.

I'm still gutted that Roxy was taken from me so soon, she was only just over a year old, I loved her so much she was a very loving and lively bunny. I miss her so much and I cry often for her. :cry:

I never thought in my wildest dreams that Floppy would leave us at just over a year old.... I loved him and he was my first introduction to bunnies too.. What a welcome to the brotherhood of bunnies..

He was gorgeous and i still feel sick when i think about losing him...:cry:

Each and every loss is as painful as the first. But I love rabbits so much I've come to realise it goes with the territory. They are fragile beings :love:

Back