• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weekend Away and Bunny Updates

aatkin

Warren Scout
We're leaving this afternoon for a weekend away at a wedding. We have a pet sitter coming for tonight, Saturday, and Sunday morning. They seem really nice and I am sure they will take great care of the bunnies, I just hope the little monsters behave! :lol:

We have had a few more changes to their setup the last few days and it seems to work really well. We moved their house/box, which gives them more space to run and relax if we have to shut them in their room. Last night we installed a ramp up to their shelf (they must have gone up because the food I put up there was gone this morning, but I haven't actually seen them go up yet). Emerson is a climber and will happily scramble up onto my chair when he's out, so hopefully he'll like it! We swapped their hay rack for an Ikea plastic bag holder, which is working great. Except this morning I found Emerson IN it. :lol: I couldn't get the camera quick enough to get a picture through. The old one (traditional wooden standing hayrack) was causing too much trouble for them and us, with it constantly collapsing as they climbed around on it and hay falling behind where they couldn't reach it. I'll turn it into some sort of toy or something.

Peabody is finally learning to relax and explore. She was flopped over on her side in the middle of the room when I was up there last. She is much braver and happy to be stroked when she's got fresh hay (and grooming is far less traumatic now). Emerson has discovered we'll let him into the bedroom and under the bed is a great place to play. He binkies like crazy when he's allowed to explore! Neither of them seem to have much interest in coming downstairs yet. Oh, and they LOVE it when I put their pellets into the various loo roll tube toys I've made. It's very funny to watch them try and figure them out.

All in all I think our little rescue bunnies are settling in great - and it's fabulous to have such wonderful additions to our home!

Back