• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humbug has just made me have a heart attack!!!

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
I'm still shaking!!!

Walked into the bun room to say hello and top up hay.. Humbug was laid flat out on his side on the blanket kind of like twitching, eyes pretty much shut.

Panic set in straight away from previous experiences so I got in their pen and stroked him, no response.. Now this is strange because normally he's straight up at the bars as soon as anyone goes in the room.

So straight onto the vets, I was watching him as the phone was ringing and he just sat up, gave me the dirtiest look, as if I'd just woken him up, did a couple of runs around the pen then settled at the other side of the room on his bed..

Luckily the vet didn't answer the phone so I didn't have to explain anything because would have been slightly embarrassed :oops::lol:

He's completely fine now, running around, came up for snuggles. I've picked him up and checked him over just to put my mind at rest. I can honestly say I've never seen a DBF from him before but my god it didn't half panic me!!

awwww dreaming :love: Tia did this once, normally she wakes up straight away as soon as i open back door but this one time she didn't and i was hysterical... then she woke up thumped and me and went back to sleep :lol:

I can just pictured the peeved off look on his face. He was probably having an amazing dream and you go and wake him!

Then again I would have been just as scared as you!

awwww dreaming :love: Tia did this once, normally she wakes up straight away as soon as i open back door but this one time she didn't and i was hysterical... then she woke up thumped and me and went back to sleep :lol:

That's exactly what he normally does, which is why I panicked so much :oops: Now I realize he was only dreaming he looked pretty cute :lol:

I can just pictured the peeved off look on his face. He was probably having an amazing dream and you go and wake him!

Then again I would have been just as scared as you!

I know I feel awful for waking him up now.. He was most defiantly not pleased with me like!

Mind you I wouldn't if someone had just woke me up and then manhandled me.. Oppsies.. :lol:

Defiantly! At least next time I'll know what to expect.. :roll:

I suppose I should be pleased that he feels that comfortable to DBF and stay like that even when I'm stroking him :love:

Aww Ellie lies flat on her side and runs in her sleep, swear she thinks she's a dog! It's very cute but the first time I saw her like that I did have to prod her to wake up!

At least you didn't get panicky by seeing what you thought was a very dead degu, flopped on it's side in P@H, run round to companion care to tell them that the vet needed to attend to the "dead degu" only to find it running around when you got back. :oops: complete moron.

My god, my bridge bun did this to me! I had her out in the front room. She went behind a table and I just figured she was sleeping. A while later, I thought it strange she hadn't come back out. I looked round and she was wedged behind one of the legs, on her side and twitching. I immediately panicked and picked her up, she was all floppy and I was on the brink of rushing her to the vet when she suddenly jerked awake, kicked me (she was a frenchie cross!) and jumped to the floor. She then gave me a completely disgusted look and turned her back on me to wash herself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLOODY BUNNIES!

Glad your bun is ok! Obviously he was having a nice deep sleep!

Aww Ellie lies flat on her side and runs in her sleep, swear she thinks she's a dog! It's very cute but the first time I saw her like that I did have to prod her to wake up!

At least you didn't get panicky by seeing what you thought was a very dead degu, flopped on it's side in P@H, run round to companion care to tell them that the vet needed to attend to the "dead degu" only to find it running around when you got back. :oops: complete moron.

Haha So it's not just our own pets that panic us :roll: I'm sure they have loads of people telling them about "dead animals" :)

Thank you! I'm quite glad I'm not the only person who it has happened to and has panicked as much as I did :lol:

Yes I will defiantly have to prod him harder next time :lol:

I think he's forgiven me for waking him up now though, he was climbing all over me before when I was in the pen with them :love:

Back