• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best hay website?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
Where can I get good quality hay for decent prices? (uk)

I currently get FAB hay, but have been finding it's not quite so yummy for the girls, nor does it smell so fresh :/

I can't get bales as I have no where to store them :)

Hay for pets, you can get 3 different sizes but it's better and more cost effective to get the 9.5kg bag, that is £16 including delivery. My 9.5kg Timothy and rye lasts my pair around 2 months and I fill their big hay rack twice a day and numerous hay toys. I save money by using cheaper hay in their litter tray, this used to be The Range hay or ASDA hay but now it's baled hay, they eat that too though but not as much.

I always get timothy & rye hay from Hay for Pets which is cheap at about £16 for 9Kg, and get more expensive Oat Wheat & Barley hay (which my buns love) The Hay Experts which is about £40 for 10Kg. I get big bags but they do smaller bags if storage is an issue.

Hay for pets, you can get 3 different sizes but it's better and more cost effective to get the 9.5kg bag, that is £16 including delivery. My 9.5kg Timothy and rye lasts my pair around 2 months and I fill their big hay rack twice a day and numerous hay toys. I save money by using cheaper hay in their litter tray, this used to be The Range hay or ASDA hay but now it's baled hay, they eat that too though but not as much.

This is what im going to do now, i have my bale which Bella seems to love eating lol but i am planning on getting her the nice hay from pets4homes.

Oooh, this pets for hay thingy looks really good value! But erm... does anyone know what the dimensions are of the larger bags? I'm struggling to visualise it, and can only work the weight out in 'buns' :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh, this pets for hay thingy looks really good value! But erm... does anyone know what the dimensions are of the larger bags? I'm struggling to visualise it, and can only work the weight out in 'buns' :lol::lol::lol:

I've just ordered another 9Kg bag..should arrive tomorrow, so I'll measure it! The Hay Experts 10Kg Oat Wheat & barley hay weighs more, but is about a quarter of the size in volume!

It's really compact in the bag, I would take a picture but the photobucket update is stupid and I can't get the IMG code off the iPad version :evil:

here is a photo of the bags I got last time

DSCF2652.jpg

The one on left is the 10 Kg Oat, wheat & Barley from The hay Experts, the two on the right are 9.5Kg bags of Ings and Timothy & Rye From Hay For pets

I've just ordered another 9Kg bag..should arrive tomorrow, so I'll measure it! The Hay Experts 10Kg Oat Wheat & barley hay weighs more, but is about a quarter of the size in volume!

Ooh brilliant, thanking you :3

UD... oh, they don't look as big as I thought they would be, nicely sized for storing :D

Last edited:
Looking at my own picture, the Oat Wheat & Barley hay isn't that much smaller...my buns must have eaten more than I thought as it now looks much smaller :lol::lol::lol:

I asked when I first ordered from them and was told for the meadow hay 4.5kgs is 30x40x50cms and 9.5kgs is about 60x40x50cms.
The Ings Hay and Timothy & Rye Hay are around the same sizes.

Back