• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit "Forbidden Place"

Epica

New Kit
Why is it that of rabbits have ONE place you don't want them to go then that's the only place they want to be!? :lol: :roll:

Both my buns are infatuated with under my chest of drawers! It's only about 5-6 inches high and I blocked it off with C&C grids as I run some of my wires under there and also they like to chew the carpet there for some reason. But they STILL somehow eventually find a way in! :roll:

Naughty buns! Does anyone elses rabbit have a "forbidden place" that seems to be irresistable and incredibly fascinating to them??? :lol:

Yes, under my desk... I've stopped Ludo reaching the dangerous electricity cables but he can still reach my foot rest and generally make a nuisance of himself when I'm trying to work.

I don't understand the appeal but he loves it there. :roll:

Yes the cupboard under the stairs which is in my kitchen and stores bunny food, litter, hay, straw and she will always try and get in there, we have to kepp the wash basket in front of it because she can open it herself :roll: she likes to eat holes in the bag of litter, straw and hay :shock:

Under our bed. We have to remember to shut the bedroom door about 9pm otherwise he waits until we are ready for bed, we realise we can't find him and he is asleep slap bang middle under a large bed:roll:

My brothers room!
It's the only room here that is off limit to the bunnies and it's the only room they are desperate to go in :lol:
As soon as they hear him open the door they run like mad to try and get in before he closes it. They will sit at the door when he's in there....just waiting for him to open the door.
They have also started scratching at the door like a dog would.
I have very odd bunnies!

Under the side board so you cant reach her (betty), then she nibbles the wood. It frightens me to death and I block it off everyday so she cant get under it!

I worry it will fall on her head and squish her but partner thinks im silly as the legs and really rather sturdy. Better safe than sorry though.

When Hopscotch was allowed in other parts of the house - the bathroom, specifically under the toilet! We had to be careful about shutting the bathroom door. But occasionally I would be sat in the living room, and hear a scrabbling diggy noise from upstairs. He's under the bloody toilet again :evil::evil::evil: It was impossible to get him out because there's a little shelf that covers the pipes and he would get under there and there was no way to reach him to even try and prod him out :lol:

When Hopscotch was allowed in other parts of the house - the bathroom, specifically under the toilet! We had to be careful about shutting the bathroom door. But occasionally I would be sat in the living room, and hear a scrabbling diggy noise from upstairs. He's under the bloody toilet again :evil::evil::evil: It was impossible to get him out because there's a little shelf that covers the pipes and he would get under there and there was no way to reach him to even try and prod him out :lol:

he he :lol:

In the garage. She is really sneaky and fast about getting in there then goes under the car when we try to get her.

When I had Zakura indoors she kept trying to get into my bed. Which was a problem because she uses it as a toilet...
Once she broke out of her cage when I wasn't at home and when I came home the bed was full of you know what...

Anywhere he's not allowed to go! Fred is completely uninterested in exploring the areas he's allowed and spends most of his time scrabbling at doors he's not allowed to go through. I don't know what he thinks we keep in there! :lol:

He's cruising for a bunnynap!! I LOVE Hopscotch!! :love:

Down by the boiler (thank god he's grown and his bum is too big now!)
Behind the cd chest
Behind our bed - our bed that he has RIPPED a huge hole in - I'm actually devastated, that bed is my fave possession, and cost us a small fortune.... All I can say is its a good job he is cute!!!!! - He breaks into the bed room, distracts one of us, while doing a super fast manouvre past the other one, across the bed, and down the gap, the little :censored: He needs reminding he's an outdoor rabbit! :lol:

I have found that the ONLY way I can avoid them getting into places they aren't allowed....is to just bloody let them! :lol: They used to try to get under my bed...it was blocked off with boxes and whatnot but Fiver managed to squeeze into the tiniest space and destroy everything under there. After months of thinking up different ways to stop him, I gave up, pulled everything out from under there and just let him have access!

Now "The Place To Be" is out of my door and onto the landing, in my Mam's room and down the stairs! :roll: He is so sneaky and if I leave my door open for more than a few seconds, he's out and gone! :lol: Often you hear me shouting, "FIVER!!! Get your **** back in here now!!" Strangely, most of the time he comes skidding back into my bedroom looking very pleased with himself. :lol:

Back