• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter trays

willowflower27

Mama Doe
Think this is in the right section I need litter tray suggestions Evan although litter trained has the annoying habit of hanging his bum over the side so missing the tray basically I've tried a covered litter tray he wouldn't use it, a corner tray he just through that about, a long flat underbed box again pee over the end thankfully I discovered tarpaulin before my carpet was ruined. But on a more serious note because the tarpaulin is water proof the wee just sits there which is fine when i'm at home but when I'm at work and come home I notice it smells quite strongly of ammonia which given his chest issues is a problem I have the windows open for ventilation but any suggestions would be great

Crazy idea but could you put a litter tray with megzorb or whatever in and then sit a smaller litter tray inside it so that if he pees over the edge it goes into the littertray underneath and into the magazorb? :oops: or a towel on the tarp to absorb it? or a litter tray with a lid on (cat one)?

I use a high sided cat litter tray ( Van Ness Giant Size) that had a door cut into the side. They come in different sizes but I have a small rabbit and find the giant one best as he can get in it and is not cramped at all and it is about 6inches high so even if he digs or flaps his hind legs everything stays in the tray. I got mine from Pet Planet.

My husband uses a band saw to cut a section out of the side and then files it smooth so no sharp plastic edges.

Ooo thank you the one with the cut out I think might do the job but the high back one might be worth a go aswell its justfrustrating bbecause I watch him he goes to the tray then reverses right to the side and wee's over the side :roll:

Back