• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the average age your french lops have lived?

el1983

Mama Doe
As above ^^^^^ Im just trying to get an idea of how long Bella should live. When i looked on internet it said 5 +, so i was just wondering how old yours are or have lived until.

Thanks.

Lisa xx

my only french lop lived to a grand old age she was estimated to be over 9years old but younger then 13yrs old :D she was a rescue

I have heard that sometimes larger breeds have shorter lifespans ... but I hope you have many happy years with the delightful Bella. I think someone on here has an 8 year old Frenchie.

I think generally they live for about 7-10 years if they have no health problems. Frenchies do tend to get a few problems, my frenchie cross had awful teeth and I lost her during a dental when she was just 4, she had something underlying going on, which is probably why she never woke up. :( She had a bad start in life and was very overweight when she came to the rescue I got her from.

Hopefully your frenchie will live for much longer as you will give her the best diet and life possible! :thumb:

My Frenchie, Storm, is 7 and a half :D I've been told that this is a good age. He dos not seem " old," though. He has a few grooming issues but I think that he is maybe just a lazy boy. He still tanks around being boisterous:lol:

I half don't want to know, I have two 3yr olds :(

Was absolutely horrified when someone said their 3yr old was middle aged the other week!

My Frenchie, Storm, is 7 and a half :D I've been told that this is a good age. He dos not seem " old," though. He has a few grooming issues but I think that he is maybe just a lazy boy. He still tanks around being boisterous:lol:

Storm was the Frenchie I had in mind in my earlier post. :love:

I had heard that 5 was average for a french lop due to them being a giant breed. I was heartbroken :( Storm ( and others ) are proof that they can live longer as long as they do not have any health problems. French lops are prone to heart problems and teeth problems plus other health issues, but I guess any of these issues could effect any breed of bun.

Thanks for the replies, lets hope she will live a bit longer than 5 years then. I got her from a breeder before i joined this forum and realised that i would never get a bunny from a breeder again, so she has always been looked after by me and is a house bunny with a good diet and lots of exercise so im hoping she will live a bit older, she is 1 this month :love:

When I lost Ellie at 4, I had to remind myself that she was actually getting on for a giant breed. :( She definitely had plenty of health problems on top of her awful teeth. :cry:

I so desperately want a conti but I don't think I could deal with their health problems and shortened life span. :cry:

When I lost Ellie at 4, I had to remind myself that she was actually getting on for a giant breed. :( She definitely had plenty of health problems on top of her awful teeth. :cry:

I so desperately want a conti but I don't think I could deal with their health problems and shortened life span. :cry:

Id love a conti as well but it wod be so sad to only have them for 4/5 years.

My Darcy is a frenchie and he will be 9 this year. He does suffer with a lot of health problems though. He is my hero-bun :love:

7 months, 9 months, 15 months :cry::cry::cry:
I had such bad luck. :cry:
I hope for once the pair I have now will live until normal old age.

Biscuit was at least 10 when we had her pts, she was lively up to the last 6 weeks when her back legs started to fail.

Back