• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benjie's big day

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who don't know us, Benjie ( a jet black bunny) was found trying to cross a busy road during rush hour, in town, & in the dark.:shock:
It's didn't look good when he came to me. He had snuffles & 2 abscesses. It's been a long tough haul with the snuffles, and he's needed equal psychological understanding, being a rather nervous, retiring bunny.

Both have gradually improved, particularly this year. I confess I've been longing to see him have a good run round on the lawn but he's been too scared until today.

I've been out to cut him some grass, expecting him to just stick his nose out through the french doors, but no, he bounced 1/2 way down the lawn & was doing some brilliant predator escape practice.:D

I'm thrilled to bits - we're getting there!

Thank you all so much for your replies everyone.:love:
It's lovely to be able to share some happiness with people.:D

Awwww bless I never knew his story!:love: Brilliant news to hear he's getting braver, genuinely happy for you , I've had similar rabbits and I know that feeling :-D xxx How amazing he found you Judy xxx

That's such good news, it's so rewarding seeing little buns like Benjie coming out of his shell. Well done to you and him. :love:

Aw, that's terrific news! :D
I've been having a simply rubbish week so far so this brought a smile. :) Good to hear from you again, Judy.
Give Benjie some noserubs from me. (((((((((Hugs)))))))))) xx

Thank you each & every one of you for your kind posts.
It gets even better.

I strained my back a bit, & there was nothing for it but to sleep on the floor.
We had an initial "territorial puzzlement" of whether he should use my empty bed, but he soon mucked in with his part of the bed making ritual - he snow ploughs the duvet with great gusto.:lol:

I experienced bunny nursing for the 1st. time - nose licks through out the night. How special is that? :love::love::love:

Thank you each & every one of you for your kind posts.
It gets even better.

I strained my back a bit, & there was nothing for it but to sleep on the floor.
We had an initial "territorial puzzlement" of whether he should use my empty bed, but he soon mucked in with his part of the bed making ritual - he snow ploughs the duvet with great gusto.:lol:

I experienced bunny nursing for the 1st. time - nose licks through out the night. How special is that? :love::love::love:

Sending vibes for your back to feel better. ((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))
Snow plowing...oh my gosh...Mimzy used to do this. :shock: I've never seen another bunny do it. We used to call it his 'smoothing exercise'.
That really made me smile, and after my day today, I needed that. ;)

Back