• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My gorgeous tortoise 'Fred'...

Autumn

Warren Scout
Meet 'Fred'.... (Short for Winifred!)

image-23.jpg

Awwwwwww, gorgeous. Ive wanted a tortoise for years.

We had a cat called Winifred who I called 'Freddy' ha ha.

Awwwwwww, gorgeous. Ive wanted a tortoise for years.

We had a cat called Winifred who I called 'Freddy' ha ha.

I have always wanted one but got lucky this year when my daughter decided that she desperately needed a tortoise called Daisy or Daniel for her birthday. It was the perfect excuse for me and she managed to persuade daddy that it was a good idea. He agreed on the provision that I made the table etc myself to keep costs down. So we now have Daisy and Fred. I love them and they have SO much personality it's ridiculous! Xxx

Can I make a suggestion, this is constructive promise!

You should change the birch chips or whatever chips you're using substrate wise to a playsand /soil mix. The substrate you're using is not very good for tortoises generally, especially horsefield and hermann tortoises. :wave:

Fred is gorgeous!

Are you on Shelled warriors forum by any chance? xx

Can I make a suggestion, this is constructive promise!

You should change the birch chips or whatever chips you're using substrate wise to a playsand /soil mix. The substrate you're using is not very good for tortoises generally, especially horsefield and hermann tortoises. :wave:

Fred is gorgeous!

Are you on Shelled warriors forum by any chance? xx

No I'm not on shelled warriors.

I am planning to change over the substrate. The chipping are what the breeder recommended and I had them from her but have since learnt that it's not the best thing to use. The change over is planned for as soon as I get around to going shopping!

No I'm not on shelled warriors.

I am planning to change over the substrate. The chipping are what the breeder recommended and I had them from her but have since learnt that it's not the best thing to use. The change over is planned for as soon as I get around to going shopping!

Aha, no worries and glad to hear you'll be changing :thumb:

Shelled warriors is generally quiet but a brilliant source of knowledge for tortoise owners, I recommend you join, I am Jaysmonkey on there, Shelled Warriors was my first forum experience :D x

Back