• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel SO guilty

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
So the quad live in a kennel...

the kennel has 2 parts a bed area and a run area, but its all under the same roof

the 2 parts are separated with a wooden partition and a cat flap..

So I cleaned them out Friday, as normal...

Now normally they go in their run which is connected to the bed area of the kennel, but the last few days they haven't cos of the wind, I was worried bout something falling onto them as its only a temp run and has a tarp roof (which kept blowing off)

So (im getting there ha) today i decided to let the out into their run, which means opening the door to the bed area, something i hadn't done since cleaning them out cos i feed/daily water them from the door into the internal run bit...

I noticed they hadn't drank any water from the big water dispenser in the bed area, then realised it was frozen so thought that was the reason, but then noticed the hay hadn't been touched either which is very odd....

I'd only gone and forgot to open the cat flap after cleaning them out:oops: cos i shut them in the internal run are whilst cleaning out the bed area bit, so since friday they have been stuck in the run are bit of the kennel!!!

even tho they have another plastic kennel inside the run bit, can't help feeling so guilty if they were cold and couldn't get into their bed area :(

Aww I bet they forgive you! They've got that huge kennel that's stuffed with hay in the run as well as 4 bodies :thumb:

There's no harm done. They had their food and water plus thick coats and each other to keep them warm, so try not to beat yourself up about it.

You'll be absolutely paranoid about checking the catflap now. ;)

Awwwww. poor wee souls.... naughty Mummy!!!!:lol:

Poor you, you'll be feeling wretched.. bug hugs

fee xxxx

Back